The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Board member "nlped" from Cullman, Alabama...Time waster!

I have a truck for sale on the board. I was contacted via email by screen name "nlped" with an offer sight unseen. I made a counter and he said through email he would come on Monday @2:00 and that he would be riding his motorcycle. I prepared the truck so he could drive his bike straight in the back of the truck and head back to Alabama without haste. 2:00 came and went with no phone call, no email and no message through the board. Since I had made the mistake of not getting his phone number I sent him an email. He did respond the next morning "Tuesday" saying he "needed to sleep" and was not able to come on Monday but wanted to confirm my address and said he had a ride and would be there at 2:00 that day. I adjusted my schedule AGAIN to be at home yet another afternoon and 2:00 came with no email, no phone call and no message through the board. This all went down November 12-15 and a week has passed with not a phone call or even a response to any emails or message through the board and he has logged on the board. The ironic thing about this is I had already "member blocked" him in the past for wasting my time once before and forgot about it. I guess when you block a member it does not block them from your posts in the "for sale" section. I dont know for sure if he is really that much of a time waster, really busy or just overly inconsiderate but my experience with him has not been favorable and I would recomend being very carefull if you attempt to do business with him.

At any rate, I had a bad deal and my time wasted by,

nlped
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Custom Camper "Dump Truck"
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Suburban "Big Green"
1969 Chevrolet C-50 Wedge Hauler "Leonidis"
1966 C-10 2x4 short fleet 327 4 speed "Race Truck"
1952 Plymouth Cranbrook "Rican" (my grandfathers)
1931 Ford Model A Coupe "Black Beauty"
1930 Ford Model A truck "Club Cab" 4x4

Rottenwood Garage and Speed Shop.....where everything must be racy!

It's not just a hobby..It's a LIFESTYLE!!!

Thanks for nothing Barrett-Jackson

You cant fix stupid or teach accountability!

Time wasters, looky Lous and tire kickers are everywhere!

Last edited by 72freak; 11-23-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Re: Board member "nlped" from Cullman, Alabama...Time waster!

Back in the rotation....still havent heard anything.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Time wasters!

Old 12-12-2011, 05:45 AM   #4
nlped

I actually DID contact you via email the morning that I had arranged to come get the truck telling that inclimate weather was the reason behind me not riding my motorcycle 165 miles on the first arranged day. Day 2 there was some magic story about how your email had changed and when I tried to email you to inform you that I'd found a local vehicle and wasn't going to come get yours it kept being kicked back to my email. I didn't even know about this thread until tonight when a friend of mine brought it to my attention.

After reviewing a few of your posts...I made a fine choice not doing business with you. Block away, I certainly won't be needing anything from the likes of you .

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
Old 12-12-2011, 06:46 AM   #5
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlped View Post
I actually DID contact you via email the morning that I had arranged to come get the truck telling that inclimate weather was the reason behind me not riding my motorcycle 165 miles on the first arranged day. Day 2 there was some magic story about how your email had changed and when I tried to email you to inform you that I'd found a local vehicle and wasn't going to come get yours it kept being kicked back to my email. I didn't even know about this thread until tonight when a friend of mine brought it to my attention.

After reviewing a few of your posts...I made a fine choice not doing business with you. Block away, I certainly won't be needing anything from the likes of you .

My email did change...I bundled all of my sevices and switched from Bellsouth to Comcast to save $100 per month. BOTH emails addresses you had were given worked then and they both still work even today, so that excuse does not hold water. You act like it was some type of scam...I have been on the board for many years and am very active. Im not a scammer. A scammer would not give you (2) email addresses a home address a phone number, etc.

I did say in the post that you responded...the next morning and thats exactly when you did....you left me hanging ALL day on Monday!

You act as if you did nothing wrong! The point of the entire post was you said you were coming to buy the truck...not look at it, not check it out...but to buy it! You negotiated a price. You had my (2) email addresses, you had my phone number and you had the ability to log into the site and use PM and this communication above is the fisrt time I have heard from you since that Tuesday morning you said you "needed sleep" on Monday and would be here that day (Tuesday) and that was weeks ago.

It all about communication, consideration and caracter and you obviosly dont understand any of them and I am glad you dont need anything from the "likes of me" because I certainly try to avaid time wasters, looky Lous and tire kickers like you........ back at ya!

I have no plans on responding again having you waste even more of my time...the facts are listed above and the rest of the board can decide and believe what they want. All Im going to to is continue to refresh the post until it gets locked.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
nlped

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72freak View Post
My email did change...I bundled all of my sevices and switched from Bellsouth to Comcast to save $100 per month. BOTH emails addresses you had were given worked then and they both still work even today, so that excuse does not hold water. You act like it was some type of scam...I have been on the board for many years and am very active. Im not a scammer. A scammer would not give you (2) email addresses a home address a phone number, etc.

I did say in the post that you responded...the next morning and thats exactly when you did....you left me hanging ALL day on Monday!
I sent the email on Monday at 0945. If you did not read it until Tuesday that is not my issue, it is yours. And after looking back through my email history, you even returned my email on MONDAY because I told you I was not coming because of rain showers that morning. You replied that you checked the radar and there were none in your location...Remember this communication??? Either way, I am not going to enter into a stone throwing contest with you as you seem to have a history of such.

I was NOT about to buy the vehicle without first looking it over thoroughly. I DID offer to send you a deposit via Paypal and you declined. In my opinion that immediately makes you at fault for not taking me up on the offer, not I. If I am going to take any blame in this botched transaction, it is only that I did not tell you that I purchased a better vehicle that was local to me for a better price...Win Win for me.

You never expressed that you were having to rearrange your schedule to accommodate my arrival. I told you that I work nights but that I could come anytime on Tuesday. You gave me the time of 2pm.

Now that I have clarified "THE REST OF THE STORY"...

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
Old 12-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #7
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72freak View Post

You act as if you did nothing wrong! The point of the entire post was you said you were coming to buy the truck...not look at it, not check it out...but to buy it! You negotiated a price. You had my (2) email addresses, you had my phone number and you had the ability to log into the site and use PM and this communication above is the fisrt time I have heard from you since that Tuesday morning you said you "needed sleep" on Monday and would be here that day (Tuesday) and that was weeks ago.

It all about communication, consideration and caracter and you obviosly dont understand any of them and I am glad you dont need anything from the "likes of me" because I certainly try to avaid time wasters, looky Lous and tire kickers like you........ back at ya!

I have no plans on responding again having you waste even more of my time...the facts are listed above and the rest of the board can decide and believe what they want. All Im going to to is continue to refresh the post until it gets locked.

That is called trolling, and not what this area is for at all. As per last sentence, thread locked and considered a closed matter.
Closed Thread