The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
F-85

Thumbs down MadnessBigBlock

Be careful. This guy wanted a bunch of parts. I emailed him lots of pics. We agreed on a price. Then he asked me to box it up and get him a total. So i did. Then he wouldnt respond to Pms for a week. Just blew me off. So after my 4th PM i finally got a reply. He said my price on parts and shipping was to much and didnt want the stuff anymore. Just a big waste of time. So seller beware. This guy just likes to jerk people around.
F-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
leddzepp

Re: MadnessBigBlock

You can avoid these kinds of problems by having a shipped price included in your sale, when you post it. This weeds out looky-loos, and a thousand "How much to ship?" questions.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
F-85

I wouldnt know what the shipping is until i box the parts and get a quote. I sell alot of old Olds parts on other forums and never had problems like this. Idont charge any extra on shipping. I charge what i pay. Im a straight shooter and dont play games. He was fine with the price for the parts. But after i gave him the shipping price he said the price for the parts and shipping was to much. Its fine if someone doesnt like my price. But dont say yes ill take the stuff. Have me box it all up together. Then blow me off and back out later... thats not the way to do business.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
leddzepp

I agree with you. I am just offering a suggestion so that it minimizes the chances of someone backing out. Most parts can go in USPS flat rate boxes, and if you ship a lot, you can "estimate" what it will cost you to ship something. This is how I sell stuff, and I do not run into problems this way. Sometimes I am a little high on shipping, sometimes I am a little low...but it averages out, and the part gets sold and moved a lot quicker. If you wait until boxing up and giving an exact price, you are going to run into this problem time and again. Folks want to see a complete price right off the bat. Again, just a suggestion. Good luck!

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #5
F-85

Dont get me wrong, i appreciate the help. Thanks