The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
i8tokyo

Re: Vintage air in the 73-87 trucks questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Jimmy4x4 View Post
but did you get the new electronic kit, or the old version?
I ordered the new gen IV (electronic kit). I didn't want to mess with the cable/vaccum kit and have been holding out until the new kit was released. Wheels of Time had to have it dropped shipped from Vintage Air, but I should have it in a couple days. When it arrives I'll take some pictures of the contents and do a step by step as I install it.
i8tokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
SBTork
Garage wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8tokyo View Post
I ordered the new gen IV (electronic kit). I didn't want to mess with the cable/vaccum kit and have been holding out until the new kit was released. Wheels of Time had to have it dropped shipped from Vintage Air, but I should have it in a couple days. When it arrives I'll take some pictures of the contents and do a step by step as I install it.
very cool, I am looking forward to this, and thanks in advance!

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....
SBTork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
veinbar

Quote:
I'm assuming you pre-ordered this kit? Did they give you an estimated time of delivery? I have spoken with a sales person at Vintage Air and they told me that the release date has been bumped a few times. They're guess a week or so now, but that's been the estimate for over a month.
veinbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
i8tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by veinbar View Post
I'm assuming you pre-ordered this kit? Did they give you an estimated time of delivery? I have spoken with a sales person at Vintage Air and they told me that the release date has been bumped a few times. They're guess a week or so now, but that's been the estimate for over a month.
I actually pestered the poor guys at Vintage Air since March on the new Gen IV system for my truck. I'm sure Paul, Jon and Art are happier than I am that this system is out if for no other reason than to not hear from me. It has been one of those things where it will be available any day now, give us a call back next week. But as soon as it was ready, they gave me a call. It was released last Monday for the 1981 - Up trucks with factory air. I have confirmation that it shipped and hopefully will see it tomorrow or Thursday. I'm not sure which one they were discussing with you. But my guess is that it will be worth the wait.

If it ain't broke, there is still probably room for improvement.

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?
i8tokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
88Jimmy4x4

Quote:
sweet, thanks for keeping us updated...sounds like you got a great price too
88Jimmy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote