The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-27-2014, 12:27 AM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Seat choices.

I tried to install a Hummer H2, and no way in hell would it fit. Let's just say epic fail.

So I went to pick a part to find something that would with headrest, and ability for cup holders. I found Chevy Cavalier seats to be quite comfy, have enough side bolstering, and short enough to easily work. Plus they have a flat mounting surface to make make install easier.

I used the bench seat sliders, and angle iron to make the base. So it buckets seats that work like a bench. I have it mocked up with tack welds, and I will fully weld it in the morning. Then I will make a center counsel later, and I centered the driver seat to the wheel.

I am 5'9" about 175, and plenty of room in an direction. So I imagine it would be good for at least a 6 footer.

I am posting off my phone so if anyone wants pics to post pm me. My computer died, and likely won't get another for a couple months.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote