The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-26-2017, 01:42 AM   #51
MattyBs71

Re: 67-72 Suburban OE seats

Does anyone sell second or 3rd suburban bench new seat foam??? I'm not finding any out there online
MattyBs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #52
vectorit
What?

When I did mine a couple years ago, myself and my upholstery shop could not find anyone making 2nd row size foam.

I haven't looked recently, but I'm betting there still isn't anyone making pre formed foam like the 1st row yet.

What I do know, is that the pre formed foam replacements are super expensive. So plan for sticker shock.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #53
MattyBs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorit View Post
When I did mine a couple years ago, myself and my upholstery shop could not find anyone making 2nd row size foam.

I haven't looked recently, but I'm betting there still isn't anyone making pre formed foam like the 1st row yet.

What I do know, is that the pre formed foam replacements are super expensive. So plan for sticker shock.
I know foam is expensive.... LOL.... thank you for the info.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:58 PM   #54
MattyBs71

Who sells the full size 2nd row bench covers? They are about 58 inches long and I can't find anyone that sells them! I can find the 48 in long blazer/burb third seat but no full size second bench seat covers! First row bench won't work because they don't cover the backs of the seats.
Help! I feel like I have looked everywhere. LMC, Brothers, no name online shops.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #55
vectorit
What?

Pretty sure no one is making burb specific seat covers for the rear.
The 3rd bench is Blazer size, so shops get more business selling them to Blazer and burb people. But when it comes to burb only, it seems no one stocks them.

I had all of my seat covers made by a local shop, and I supplied all original style materials for the job.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:53 PM   #56
bhahn70

Quote:
This thread is only for OE seats for 67-72 Suburbans.
There are often questions pertaining to type of benches, and what type of brackets and hold downs were used.
So I thought that this should be a sticky thread, and for reference only when it comes to the Original Equipment seating of the 67-72 Suburban.

This includes brackets, and upholstery that were Original to the 67-72 Chevrolet and GMC Suburbans.

Often FAQ's

Will a 1972 bench seat work in my 1967 Suburban - Yes
All 67-72 benches will interchange.

Are the brackets reproduced, who makes them? - At this time 02/2016 no one is making brackets.

Are the hold down brackets reproduced, who makes them? - Yes, these can be found from various vendors. But be sure to include Blazers in your search, since often times they are sold only as Blazer brackets.
Looking for 2nd and 3rd row. Found this. guy said it was second row but only 43.5 wide. Does anyone know what it's for. I have arm rest brackets so that's not an issue just trying to figure out what it's for being that short.
Thanx,Brian
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2017, 09:37 PM   #57
vectorit
What?

It has the short rear brackets, so I would think that this is a 2nd row bench.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:45 PM   #58
bhahn70

Quote:
It has the short rear brackets, so I would think that this is a 2nd row bench.
Yes that's what I thought my buddy measured the second row in the 72 highlander Burban I sold him and it measures 48" definitely factory. So I'm not sure why this seat is 4.5" shorter. Maybe I'll ask him to triple check the measurements. Thanx
Old 09-19-2017, 09:51 PM   #59
vectorit
What?

I don't recall the exact measurement of what I call the "short bench", but like my burb I have a short bench as a second row. This same bench fits just fine as a 3rd bench between the wheel wells, and could be converted to a 3rd bench if I set it up with 3rd bench brackets.

So what you may have here is just a 2nd row short bench. GM offered full length and short benches for the second row.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:15 PM   #60
bhahn70

Question Re: 67-72 Suburban OE seats

Quote:
I don't recall the exact measurement of what I call the "short bench", but like my burb I have a short bench as a second row. This same bench fits just fine as a 3rd bench between the wheel wells, and could be converted to a 3rd bench if I set it up with 3rd bench brackets.

So what you may have here is just a 2nd row short bench. GM offered full length and short benches for the second row.
Yeah I have the full length in there now and my last one had the short that measured 48". Also everything I find on the second and third row says they are 48". I'm just wondering why this is so much shorter does anyone have a second row that is 43.5" longThe brackets tell me that it's 2nd row. Not to sound like a broken record but it's shorter than the short. Did another manufacturer use a similar setup. I'm a wacko I like stuff as it came from the factory and for that specific vehicle.
Thanx, Brian