The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #1
Longhornss

I think I got burned by Sawman

I purchased a section of box side from Sawman when he responded to my WTB posting about a repair section for my box corner.

That was in October of '15 it is now April of '16 after several comunications I have come to the conclusion I am never going to see the part I payed for. I have been assured the parts have shipped, however have never received shipping information/confirmation.

A recent search shows it looks like he may have pulled the same thing on at least two other members.
Longhornss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
Front Range

Re: I think I got burned by Sawman

That sucks. Was it shipping from the US to Canada?
Old 04-10-2016, 11:02 PM   #3
Longhornss

I live in Canada. The part was supposed to ship to Michigan. I was not able to get a clar answers weather he shipped to Canada or my us address, On his first attempt. On the second attempt I made it absolutely clear the part was to be shipped to the US address. That was some time ago now. More than enough time to make the journey from Cali to Michigan. Even if it was shipped by stage coach.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:01 AM   #4
Front Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornss View Post
I live in Canada. The part was supposed to ship to Michigan. I was not able to get a clar answers weather he shipped to Canada or my us address, On his first attempt. On the second attempt I made it absolutely clear the part was to be shipped to the US address. That was some time ago now. More than enough time to make the journey from Cali to Michigan. Even if it was shipped by stage coach.
Every carrier uses tracking, he should easily be able to provide you with that information. If you don't mind me asking - sounds like there were 2 shipments what happened to the original part in the first shipment? Was the second shipment a replacement?
Old 04-11-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
Longhornss

I was told that the shipment had been "returned to him opened" the package never made it to me. Yes I agree that there should be some form of tracking available. In either case I was never provided with the information.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:46 AM   #6
Front Range

Yep, that doesn't sound too promising. Did you ever pick up a replacement or are you still needing one, might be someone else here can help you get one.

Maybe contact site admin to see if they can help out.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:26 PM   #7
Longhornss

Project is taking a different direction. Replacing the whole box now.

Have started a dispute with PayPal.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:41 PM   #8
leddzepp

He logged into this site at 1230 yesterday, so he is still around.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:58 AM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Please provide a link to the original sale thread if you would
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #10
Longhornss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Please provide a link to the original sale thread if you would
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=686724

Liz this is the original WTB post. Everything after this was done through PM, a personal email where he sent me pictures of the part in question and PayPal.

I do no have the very first couple of PM messages but I do have most of them as well as the original email sent to me from Sawman.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:36 AM   #11
enduroride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornss View Post
I purchased a section of box side from Sawman when he responded to my WTB posting about a repair section for my box corner.

That was in October of '15 it is now April of '16 after several comunications I have come to the conclusion I am never going to see the part I payed for. I have been assured the parts have shipped, however have never received shipping information/confirmation.

A recent search shows it looks like he may have pulled the same thing on at least two other members.
Longhornss, don't feel like the lone ranger......he got my and a few other guys as well. Took me for $45. I've been waiting on my parts for over 3 months now. He has been promising our parts as well, along with many many excuses as to why they haven't been shipped. One day he will tell you they were shipped then a week later tell you something totally different.
I've been asking for a refund of my money for 2 or 3 weeks now.
Enduroride
2015 Lexus 250i (wifes)
1972 Chevy C10 LWB, 5.3 / 4L60e swap "COLOR OF MONEY"

http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
enduroride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:44 AM   #12
enduroride

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduroride View Post
Longhornss, don't feel like the lone ranger......he got my and a few other guys as well. Took me for $45. I've been waiting on my parts for over 3 months now. He has been promising our parts as well, along with many many excuses as to why they haven't been shipped. One day he will tell you they were shipped then a week later tell you something totally different.
I've been asking for a refund of my money for 2 or 3 weeks now.
Enduroride
Here is a link to our original post.....its 6 pages long, read thru all of the pages, this guy has been scamming people for a while now.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676439
2015 Lexus 250i (wifes)

Old 04-26-2016, 08:49 AM   #13
Longhornss

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduroride View Post
Here is a link to our original post.....its 6 pages long, read thru all of the pages, this guy has been scamming people for a while now.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676439
Thanks I have already seen this post, when I was looking to see if maybe I was the only one.... clearly I was not. I have started the process for making a claim with PayPal. I have most of my original PM messages as well as the initial email with pictures of the piece in question. I will also be directing PayPal to this post as well as the post for the link you have provided.

Thanks
Old 04-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #14
cleanfreak

I'm on the list too......
cleanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #15
68bowtie

wow. no bueno. i hope it's all a misunderstanding. i talked to him a while ago when he first started listing parts on the forum. i saved his number if that helps. his name is ed (supposedly). (530) 249-7528

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:29 PM   #16
sawman

everyone I will be back home in a few days,i see some buyers didn't get there replacement parts,due to family emergency I have not been home in a long time,sorry for the delays,sometimes things just happen,theres always a reason for everything,,no one got burned,i always honor all my sales,alot of you no this,thanks for your patience in me and my familys hard time,
sawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:16 PM   #17
Longhornss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawman View Post
everyone I will be back home in a few days,i see some buyers didn't get there replacement parts,due to family emergency I have not been home in a long time,sorry for the delays,sometimes things just happen,theres always a reason for everything,,no one got burned,i always honor all my sales,alot of you no this,thanks for your patience in me and my familys hard time,
Ed I appreciate the response. What I would appreciate more is a amicable solution. I have not received my parts or any tracing information. I asked for a refund back in December but you assured me the parts would ship. I gave you the benefit of trying to make good on your word. At this point I no longer need the section of box side I purchased from you, because I have purchased a whole new box side while waiting for you. And what do you know it showed up without incident within a week, and I had tracking information on it the whole time.
So if I can get my money back now I will consider the matter closed. And ask a moderator to close or remove this thread.
Thank you.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:31 AM   #18
cleanfreak

Ed , your responses are growing old. Your history in this problem shows that you have said you have shipped multiple time , while still trolling for more sales. You have never once showed anybody proof that the parts were even cut off. Never once has anybody been offered there hard earned money back. I am sick of seeing your name on this board , makes me mad every time I see it , knowing how you have taken advantage of all of us. I am going to delete myself from all these threads . I hope karma beats the crap out of you. - Bob
cleanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:56 AM   #19
enduroride

Quote:
Ed, I'm with everyone else! You stated in a PM to me that you would be home a few Monday's ago and be there for 10 days and that we (the buyers and you) would get all of this straightened out. That was at least two weeks ago. I have also been asking for a refund for at least a month now. You told me two weeks ago that you would send me a money order.....haven't seen that yet either ! You can get on Paypal just as quick as you get on this board to send all of us a refund...........only takes a few minutes of your time, you do that and I think we will all be satisfied.
Wade
2015 Lexus 250i (wifes)

Old 05-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #20
Longhornss

So apparently PayPal agrees with me, that I got Burned by Sawman. I filed a claim with PayPay and have received my money back.

This is why this is the only way I will pay for something I purchased online.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:08 PM   #21
Front Range

Glad it worked out for you Longhorn, I thought you handled it professionally. When people feel cheated they can take it in a lot of different directions. You did not seek to insult nor injure and kept it drama free.

Good on you buddy.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:07 PM   #22
Longhornss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Range View Post
Glad it worked out for you Longhorn, I thought you handled it professionally. When people feel cheated they can take it in a lot of different directions. You did not seek to insult nor injure and kept it drama free.

Good on you buddy.
Well thanks, I tried to be civil about the whole thing and give the benefit of the doubt. It was difficult at times to keep cool. But I figured if the PM messages and any subsiquent posts on this thread would be used to prove my claim. Flying off the handle was not going to help me.

I am glad I was able to get my money back. If it makes people think twice about purchasing from any specific seller than that is good to.
Remember PayPal helped me in this situation and can help you too. It took. Month but I got my money back.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:33 PM   #23
Coley

Smile Re: I think I got burned by Sawman

Quote:
....we'll see how your follow thru rolls out....

better get on that

Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:26 PM   #24
cr1hotrod

Still looking for my dash or refund. Been since before Christmas.
cr1hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #25
396ci

he logged into the site on 5/9. hopefully that was to communicate with those still waiting for their parts.
1974 Chevy Crew Cab Shorty
396ci is offline   Reply With Quote