The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #26
Boog
primer is finer

Re: Project Underhaulin

I haven't looked up the listing to see what she is offering to sell but I see mention of robbing parts off 3 trucks to use on the one. Wouldn't the other 3 trucks be worth more to her as whole trucks and not parted out? Considering she wants to sell them. Just a thought.
All GM..'nuff said,
Member of Jr Nation 88

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Old 09-13-2008, 06:42 PM   #27
MotorSeven
Restoration Desperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
I haven't looked up the listing to see what she is offering to sell but I see mention of robbing parts off 3 trucks to use on the one. Wouldn't the other 3 trucks be worth more to her as whole trucks and not parted out? Considering she wants to sell them. Just a thought.

Nah, none of them are driveable, most need alot of work. The long step is the only one that runs, & the tranny linkage has some type of prob & it is not hooked up. Really, i think we can use most parts she has in the garage/shed. I doubt we will have to glom much off the trucks.

RD
Old 09-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #28
Rodms

I canit tell by some of the pics,does it have power brakes?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:59 AM   #29
71'tahoe

Tdave00,
Are ou guys going to try and plan like a group weekend or is it likewhen ever you want to show up kinda thing? I can plan a weekend to come down. I been wanting to come down to gatlinburg ,so this just gives me a little more motovation. Are any of the parts trucks still for sale? I saw the e-bay but wanst sure about prices. I would liketo find a cab and doors,maybe a 67-68 front clip. As far as working on the truck is the place your taking it to have a welder? If not I can bring mine down with me. Is there a plan of attack yet, or a sequence of events that is planned...body work first or chassis first kinda thing? Are we going to pull the cab off and completely redo the frame first. Do we need a sandblaster to do the frame? Let me know thanks!
Sincerely,
Greg Tholen
Old 09-15-2008, 12:01 PM   #30
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

Yeah, we are gonna plan a weekend. She has two 68's that you could get a front clip off of. I'll update you on the condition. I am sure you could find a decent cab out of the three as well. And I am sure you could find a bunch of miscellaneous parts.

We are gonna try to get a plan of attack this weekend when I (and maybe Woody) go down there. I don't plan on doing much bodywork. Hopefully we can get a few front fenders donated. Anyway, I'll have some more details after this weekend.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #31
turner15

I don't know what I can do being in another country and all but I am willing.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #32
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdave00 View Post
Yeah, we are gonna plan a weekend.
Trai, please give as much lead time a possible on the weekend working get together.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
Old 09-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #33
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

This is such a great project!

The support this board offers to even those that aren't a part is absolutely amazing! Props to those that have helped this build along!

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
Old 09-16-2008, 05:29 AM   #34
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

Ok guys, I talked to Woody (Woodridge) today and he's gonna try and meet me at Dawn's this weekend. We are gonna give Dawn the money and let Woody assess the situation with her truck.

MotorSeven if you wanna meet us down there that would be great. Anyone else that would like to meet us at Dawn's is welcome as well. MotorSeven has offered to haul Dawn's truck up to Woody's. If you can still do that it would be great. It doesn't have to be this weekend, and would probably be best if it were next weekend because I think Woody has plans after we meet with Dawn so he's not gonna be home.

After Woody can get a parts list together and determine the best time for him to have a Work Weekend we will post that information. Woody knows alot more than me about these trucks so he's gonna head up the build. We'll try to give everyone 2,3 or 4 weeks notice on the Work Weekend.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #35
71'tahoe

Tdave00,
I cant make it this wekend. If motorseven cant haul the truck I have a real nice 18' open trailer. I could haul it if he cant. Keep me posted as to when the work weekend is going to be going on! Thanks.
Sincecerly,
GT
Old 09-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #36
MotorSeven
Restoration Desperation

Guys, i can haul it this weekend or another. Just let me know. I would prefer to be there when y'all are so we can grab the correct parts & send them with the truck. Just let me know......

RD
Old 09-17-2008, 03:46 AM   #37
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

MotorSeven,

We should be able to throw most everything that's going with the truck in the cab. That way it's all ready when you come back and get it. If you wanted our help loading it up on Saturday we could do that, but you would probably have to wait a day or so before you could haul it up to Maynardville. I don't know which direction you live from Woody, but just offering some help if you wanted to load it up on Saturday.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:50 AM   #38
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Just got this email from Dawn. Hopefully it's not breaking any forum rules, but I thought it was important enough that it needed to be posted here and in the original General Discusion thread too, just to be sure everyone saw it. A really good thing was done by a lot of good people on here.

Thank You?????
Add contact Add contact
Sent:
Wed 9/17/08 2:31 AM
Reply-to:
chvynut44@yahoo.com

To:
Bill (zippydodog@msn.com)

Dear Bill:
I wanted to call you but couldn't find your number. I probably couldn't get through a conversation anyway. I just can't seem to keep myself composed over this whole situation. Is thank you the appropriate thing to say? How about telling you how grateful I am? Honest to God, I don't know what to say to you for initiating the kind of support I am receiving from so many people. If I may ask you one question though Bill, it would be WHY ME?? What could I have done or said to deserve this? You know, there were a lot of people that took me by the hand the first week or so after I lost Clyde and told me they were there for me, and to let them know if I needed anything. They all knew our situation. These were people I thought were our friends. I never heard from any of them ever again. I had one of my girls literally holding me upright at home while the other one put coffee cans in gas stations to raise money so we could bury her daddy. She took his favorite ragged out flannel shirt and dirty Chevy cap to dress him in and made all the arrangements and not one of those people were there to even hold her hand. Then, one day I came to terms with the fact that if I don't sell our trucks, I may not make it and I put the whole lot on ebay. a couple of months later and I'm struggling so hard to find the words to thank someone I've never even met face to face for changing my life! I remember in one of the first emails you sent to me that you said all of the members in your forum were awesome people. Well, to me, all of you are beyond awesome. I truly believe that each and every one of you were hand picked by God to make a difference in my life and you will never, ever know how much that means to me!
I promise i will come on the site and thank you all as soon as I can, but right now, I can't find the courage to do it. I can't explain why but I don't know if I could handle it yet. I'm so overwhelmed. I don't want anyone to be upset with me but I don't think it's right for me to let ya'll work on my truck if you won't use the money that was donated. I've had an awful migrain ever since Trai said ya'll won't take it.
I'm sorry this note turned out to be so long, but I wanted to try and let you know how very grateful I am to you for caring and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Sincerely, your friend,
Dawn

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi

Last edited by 63 & 64 Bowties; 09-17-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #39
MotorSeven
Restoration Desperation

^^^^

wow
Old 09-17-2008, 08:31 AM   #40
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

chill bumps man, chill bumps!!!!!....Way to go guys!!!

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban
Current Resto: 1966 Mustang-Mama's High School Graduation Present
Old 09-18-2008, 08:31 AM   #41
MotorSeven
Restoration Desperation

TennesseeZ & i are going to meet y'all at Dawn's on Sat around 11ish. I will go ahead & load her truck then. Hope the time works for y'all.

RD
Old 09-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #42
woodridge

Due to a "Family" obligation (the Wife) Trai and I will be getting there early and will have to leave by 10. We will gather what we can and hopefully some of you can get there before we leave. See Y'all tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #43
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

MotorSeven, I sent you a PM. Give me a call before you guys come. If you wait til around 12:00 to get there another board member is gonna meet you guys and help you load up the truck. As Woody stated, me and him will have to leave by 10:00 am.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #44
67dragtruck

I'd like to see the parts list as well.

Tom
No more dragtruck for me. I'm building a new ride though. It's a '71 fleetside, 400 sbc, 700R4. Working on it now, finally. Soon to have Edelbrock Pro Flo EFI, Vintage Air, 1 piece windows, buddy buckets, etc.

My new build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...17#post2861817

Best pass with the old dragtruck:
5.32 @ 131.6 mph 1/8 mile w/ a 1.25 60' Fogger/Plate 2003

Best pass with the street 406 hydraulic roller motor w/ mild plate tuneup
5.93 @ 114 mph 1/8 mile w/ a 1.29 60' 2003 or 2004
Old 09-20-2008, 07:55 AM   #45
meathead95
computer illiterate

i have quite a few parts layin around. let me know if you need any or some labor
Old 09-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #46
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead95 View Post
i have quite a few parts layin around. let me know if you need any or some labor
Thanks Keith. We should be getting a parts list together this coming week.

Just got back from Knoxville. Woody is gonna be figuring out when will be a good time to have a Work Weekend. Dawn's truck should be sitting at Woody's house now. Thanks to MotorSeven, TennesseeZ and Dewane.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #47
MotorSeven
Restoration Desperation

Yep, it's there & the ole girl is gonna need some work!

RD
Old 09-20-2008, 08:03 PM   #48
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

I told you he was on top of a mountain .
Old 09-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #49
TennesseeZ
Countdown Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorSeven View Post
Yep, it's there & the ole girl is gonna need some work!

RD
Heck, it needed work just to get it on the trailer!

Yeah, it needs alot, especially parts, but I know this board can come through and make it happen.

I had a great time today, and enjoyed meeting some more of the fine people here.

David, I'm free most all week if you want some help with disassembly or anything.........

TZ

Last edited by TennesseeZ; 09-20-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #50
LUV2XCLR8
"Square Corvette"

Bump
Owner/Admin "TN Classic Truck Club"
Closed Thread