The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

08' GMC sierra speed limiter

I have an 08' GMC sierra work truck that has a 4.3 v6 with 4L60E transmission.

Is there any way to program the computer so that the truck can go no faster than 70mph? I have two guys that go out and I get constant calls that they are blazing down the highways. I hate to get rid of them because their actual work is decent but I just cant afford the liability of someone getting hurt because of their carelessness. I have talked with them before about it but its like talking to a brick wall. IF I can't figure out how to limit the truck speed I am going to have to get rid of them.

Thanks
Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:39 AM   #2
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: 08' GMC sierra speed limiter

The speed limiter on most vehicles is at 90 to 95 MPH. MY new GMC (2011) cut of at 93 MPH, until I got a tune put in it and now the speed cutoff is unattainable. It is somewhere around 190 MPH. We used a EFI Live tune on mine, but many other brands have a speed limiter change within their programs. I would say that you can have the speed cut off set at 70 MPH, just as easily as it was to set it up, you might even be able to get GM to do it for you. I think it unwise to set it right at 70 MPH, but that is your choice. You should look into the blazing information and follow them to see what blazing is in other people's eyes. The old, "Which one of you wants to go home today without a job" speech tends to get attention. As much as you want them to stay, letting one go, will certainly let the other know what the rules are. Killing the weak makes the herd stronger!