The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Cumminpwr11
Southern Nevada Coal Roller

vintage air

Hey i have a 72 suburban and the vintage air started making a rattle sound on hi air and then it made a clunk sound then stopped blowing air altogether. is there a way to repair vintage air systems? I do not know how old the system is but the vintage air website just told me to go to a shop and get it fixed. They would not even give me an idea of what could be wrong so i dont get screwed at a repair shop. very poor customer service if you ask me. anyone have any luck repairing one? I thing its the impeller in the round canister at the bottom of the unit. Thanks for any help

Chris
I live in Las Vegas so if anyone know of a good shop?
Cumminpwr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
cparman
sharp as a marble

Re: vintage air

my one and only experience with them was exactly the same! Might suggest going to their site, and see if you can get a parts break down? I have been using Classic Auto Air in Tampa Florida, and they know what service after the sale is all about! Classic uses SPAL blower assys for their units and bet Vintage does something similar. Thinking that if the blower motor has gone bad the whole under dash unit will need to come out to get to the blower. I would hope Vintage has a wiring schematic on their site. HTH
cparman is offline   Reply With Quote