The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
lleff

72 jimmy build, learning experience

I would like to start off by saying thank you i have read through many threads on this site and learned from all of them. I also really enjoyed reading others builds so i figured i might as well start my own.

Well it all started when i found out i was going to have a little boy. I figured it was time for a more family friendly toy. My uncle had this 72 jimmy he had decided to part with that he has traded his 71 (i think) c30 rollback for a few years ago. I figured it would be the perfect family cruiser, so i asked if we could work out a deal. i ended up trading a 2000 1/2 ton chevy pickup and some cash for this jimmy that seemed to be pretty solid. On the outside anyway. I had plans to buy a lift kit and some bigger tires and just drive it. I had to address a few maintenance items such as u joints and brakes. while i was underneath i noticed it looked like some pieced were really rusted and hardly there. i quickly learned what a rocker box was and that i had none. after digging deeper i noticed all the shotty patch panel work that had been done. I was far from impressed and decided if i wanted to hall my family in this i needed to tear it apart and do everything right. This is my first attempt at anything like this i have never done any body work before this so this is quite the undertaking for me. here is my progress so far. and i apologize for my terrible grammar and punctuation.

Lucas
Attached Images

lleff is offline   Reply With Quote