The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-26-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
TheSeeker

AN adaptor size 1969 c10

Hi guys I'm looking for what size adaptor fitting I need for the fuel pump to carb fitting on. 69 c10 2wd with a 250 inline 6. The fuel line is 5/16th. I need the npt to -6 AN adaptor to fit the stock Carter style fuel pump. Thank you
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:35 PM   #2
In The Ten Ring

Re: AN adaptor size 1969 c10

Oh wow, I just went through this two weeks ago.

I don't have the part in hand, as it is in my garage, but give Summit Racing a call. Don't bother with the tech service number, just speak with sales. The guy sent me exactly what I needed.....although I haven't tried to make the braided line yet.

AN -6 is about 3/8th but there is a fitting to screw into the Carter pump and run it over to your carb. (I also have a Carter pump, 72 Custom 10, 2wd, 260 I6). Seems like we have about the same truck.

Summit Racing

1-800-230-3030

Oh wait, are you going to try and keep your hardline or go with braided hose?
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #3
TheSeeker

I am going to make the steel braided lines from pump to carb. The lines from the tank to the pump are factory style steel lines I replaced and a new flex line jumper to the pump from frame. I have tried a tubing bender and Hardline and after ruining 3 sections I am frustrated with it. I have made the stainless braid line I just need the fitting to attach -6 to the Carter pump. I have a banjo fitting on the carb with one of those chromed fuel lines with a screw in filter on it. I needed only about 2 feet of braided hose
Old 11-26-2017, 04:25 PM   #4
In The Ten Ring

I am doing the same thing.

From tank to under cab I ran 3/8 inch Polyarmor tubing. I used 3/8 inch rubber hose into a Jeggs brass transition into 5/16 inch rubber hose. Then I ran 5/16 tubing until about 2 inches from the pump and another bit of rubber hose.

I had bought a pre-bent stainless steel hardline from Inline Tube but it leaked badly.

So I am going to do the same as you, stainless steel hose from Earl's (I think that is the maker) and -6 AN fittings. For the fitting that goes into the carburetor (Rochester Monojet) I had to order that from www.quadrajetparts.com, a 7/8th inch piece. It only comes in red. It seems to fit fine.

https://quadrajetparts.com/adapter-i...ing-p-368.html

This guy would probably have the part you need for your pump also. Give him a call.

(908) 496-4188 **
Email: Sales@QuadrajetParts.com

I bought some AN fitting wrenches and a hose cutter from Summit Racing. I also bought the vise jaws to hold the fittings while I put those onto the hose.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:12 PM   #5
TheSeeker

Ok I found the adaptor fitting for the pump, the original line is 5/16th hardline with a 1/2-20 inverted flare tube nut. I bought the adaptor for the pump just need to know opinions on one last thing, Coming out of the pump should I purchase a 90 degree elbow fitting or a straight end hose fitting? It looks like either will work with the hose length I have
Old 11-27-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
Ok I found the adaptor fitting for the pump, the original line is 5/16th hardline with a 1/2-20 inverted flare tube nut. I bought the adaptor for the pump just need to know opinions on one last thing, Coming out of the pump should I purchase a 90 degree elbow fitting or a straight end hose fitting? It looks like either will work with the hose length I have
I asked the Summit Racing guy the exact same question but he said not to buy an elbow. When it comes time to put the SS hose together, I might try both ways, I have some 6 feet of house and you can reuse those fittings.

For now I am just putting together some rubber hose and AN fittings so I can get the thing running. Next spring I will try to get the SS hose fitted up and going.

Are you keeping the in carb filter?

I plan to keep it AND run an AN filter although that may be extreme.

*I think an elbow would be neater, keeping the hose closer to the engine and out of the way, but I think you'll need some clamps you can fit under various bolts to hold the hose next to the engine and try to mimic the old hardline path. That said, not using an elbow might make replacing the pump easier as the hose won't fit so tight......you may have to try both ways and get back with us.

sCan you get us some pics when you are done? I especially want to see how it turns out for you as I have the same engine and problem.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #7
TheSeeker

I went out and got the insulted p clips I wanted to use to route the fuel hose clean, Ill take pics and start on it when I get home from work today!

** Tenring: I am using a fuel line kit from summit for the carb inlet, One of the chromed 3/th lines with a filter inside. keeps it clean and out of the way of the exhaust, which is why im switching everything over in the first place, The rubber hoses out here in the desert crack and split after a year, sometimes less. With the braided hose and no exposed filter it should be a little better until I can make a more permanent aluminum line. I SUCK at bending. big time

Last edited by TheSeeker; 11-28-2017 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Answer question
Old 12-09-2017, 10:31 PM   #8
TheSeeker

Finally got time to finish this up today. Not too bad to work with the braided line. I borrowed a koul tool from my brother. Here is a few low quality shots of the way I routed some of the lines and hoses to carb and I plugged the hole on the valve cover from the original air hose to old air cleaner. I had to insulate the new fuel fitting from header heat so I used some wrap. I know I know.. it's no good but for heat reduction it really helps. I have another two rolls for the rest of the header tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2017, 12:19 AM   #9
In The Ten Ring

That looks just fine to me!

Could you tell me the part number on that fitting with the filter inside? The Summit rep I had couldn't find what I needed.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #10
TheSeeker

The fuel inlet is Summit PN# SUM-g1532-AN for edelbrock style carbs.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #11
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
The fuel inlet is Summit PN# SUM-g1532-AN for edelbrock style carbs.
Thanks man, I will give them a call here in a moment.