The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #1
davischevy

Don't block the diesel pumps please.

I figured more of you guys had experienced the blocked diesel pump syndrome than other forums on here.

We run dump trucks and fuel up at convenience stores regularly because they are handy to the route we are on.

It's so frustrating when you are trying to make a living, and pull in to fuel and the pumps are blocked by an econobox or motorhome.

The econobox usually has a choice of three or four islands with no cars and they pick the diesel pump.

Then you have the old fart in a motorhome. He is in no hurry, gets out and walks his cute little dog, finally gets around to the pump, gets the rolling bordello filled up and then his bladder is full.

Now instead of moving the obstacle he is driving, he locks it and goes inside to relieve himself.

Rant over.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:57 PM   #2
Peanutbutter
Account Suspended

Re: Don't block the diesel pumps please.

I've actually seen people lock the car and go in, sit down and eat lunch, that's when I go find the manager and show them the people that got out of the car.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #3
davischevy

I don't believe any body can be that stupid.

It's a power trip or something.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:27 PM   #4
sweetk30

back up to them and roll my bed back and angle it down . then pull y winch cable down to the end of the bed . by this point there moving there car .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:38 PM   #5
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I feel your pain. It's just like when you have a trailer and all the gas driving loons grab the very outside pumps which are the only ones with diesel. They set there for ever and lolly gag. I miss my train horn. They didn't stand around or even set in their car for long then.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:12 AM   #6
rkn463

The worst I ever experienced was a push mower with a dog tied to it blocking the diesel pump! The idiot must have spent five minutes in the store before he came out and pumped his quart of fuel before wandering off.

Wouldn't it be nice if the gas stations put diesel only on the outside pumps?

-Richard
Old 03-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #7
flashed

I just wish people would pull up to the very far pump so someone else could use the rear pump instead of waiting for them to finish in the rear spot .I have driven around and backed in to the first pump and have them get mad at me for blocking them in since someone is usually behind them waiting .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #8
Killer Bee

Old 03-11-2018, 07:24 PM   #9
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
I just wish people would pull up to the very far pump so someone else could use the rear pump instead of waiting for them to finish in the rear spot .I have driven around and backed in to the first pump and have them get mad at me for blocking them in since someone is usually behind them waiting .
When I have to back in, I make sure they can't get out without backing out.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:21 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

I always hated the gassers taking the pumps in the isle with diesel when others are available, too. But if there are both gas and diesel pumps in the isle it is there for gassers as much as diesels. I see it as general thoughtlessness which abounds all over in many things I see in a day. I pull up maybe a bit closer than usual and leave it run to assure my presence is known, hoping this will prevent them from taking any longer than necessary. Works pretty well.

These diesel punks who think their pickup makes them more of a man, like in those videos, ought to watch out for the hardass driving a Prius that'll turn their head around. I've had keys to a lot of big badass trucks but none came with an over-inflated false ego. It's just a truck (or a Prius) and I'm just the guy driving it. Not a big guy, but have no problem standing tall on my own two feet.

I've pulled up to the second pump with a trailer, the front car leaves, and a bozo noses up to my bumper. Look around you fool, there are other pumps. I just sit there till they are done with the truck running. Sometimes I've had them sit there to wait for me to back up since I was ready first. They eventually get it and I pull forward right with them to make it even more obvious.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote