The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #476
sgaylord
Project collector

Re: Project "Jezebel"

Just rolled my buddies 72 burb (Doc) in the shop. Here's a few pics of my fun for the next couple months. Not sure I'm going to have a build thread though. Just want to get it done.

Name:  20131212_165901.jpg
Views: 1433
Size:  30.8 KB

Name:  20131212_170014.jpg
Views: 1446
Size:  31.4 KB

Name:  20131212_165955.jpg
Views: 1443
Size:  20.3 KB

Name:  20131212_165926.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  29.5 KB

Name:  20131212_165934.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  13.3 KB

2020 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax
2016 Harley Street Glide CVO

Roll Tide!
sgaylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #477
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgaylord View Post
Just rolled my buddies 72 burb (Doc) in the shop. Here's a few pics of my fun for the next couple months. Not sure I'm going to have a build thread though. Just want to get it done.
Hey Steve, Looks like you have your plate full again. You guys have a build thread for the Burb?
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #478
sgaylord
Project collector

Hey Mike. Yea it's a lot of metal work. No thread just want to get it done and out of my shop. lol

I see your getting ready for paint. That's awesome man. Good luck!

Steve

Roll Tide!
Old 03-01-2014, 01:38 AM   #479
mjensen

I'm going to be in your neck of the woods Mon-Wed for a conference...I wish I had some time to stop by and check out your quality work!

'69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Build Thread
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #480
silverbear

Looking back at these pics, I can almost pick the exact date I came out to your place for the first time (November 2011) based on what you were working on then. I know you said you had a lot of rust to deal with but until now I did not comprehend how much. I was in the same boat with my cab so I went the cheaters way and found a different cab. Even though I have been following this build for a few years, I only just read through this thread today. It was good to reminisce about the little things I was able to help you with.

I now fully understand your motivation to attend to the details that GM did not originally. Excellent results. Looking forward to finding some time to hang out with you some more and maybe take a ride in Jezebel.
2010 Suburban 1500 4x4 5.3l/6L80e. Sold
2016 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 6.0l/6L80e
silverbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #481
mcbassin
Still Learning

What's going on Steve? Anything new on your truck? new pictures?
Old 08-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #482
BigDaddyV

I just found your build, and I am completely in awe of the Amount of killer work and detail that you have put into this truck! You are an insiration for me to really get kickin on my build. Thank you sir.
1972 Chevy C10, Project "Chevro~Layed out" Nether Storm
Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...23#post6007523
BigDaddyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #483
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
03-01-2014 12:38 AM
mjensen
I'm going to be in your neck of the woods Mon-Wed for a conference...I wish I had some time to stop by and check out your quality work!
Hey Mike sorry I missed your note. I took a huge break and just now am visiting semi regularly again. If you are ever in JAX again let me know.

Quote:
silverbear
Looking back at these pics, I can almost pick the exact date I came out to your place for the first time (November 2011) based on what you were working on then. I know you said you had a lot of rust to deal with but until now I did not comprehend how much. I was in the same boat with my cab so I went the cheaters way and found a different cab. Even though I have been following this build for a few years, I only just read through this thread today. It was good to reminisce about the little things I was able to help you with.

I now fully understand your motivation to attend to the details that GM did not originally. Excellent results. Looking forward to finding some time to hang out with you some more and maybe take a ride in Jezebel.
Thanks Chris you know you are welcome anytime.

Quote:
Yesterday 10:40 AM
mcbassin
What's going on Steve? Anything new on your truck? new pictures?
Hey Mike. Nothing new except moving it in and out of the garage while I finish up the metal work on the burb. Shouldnt be too much longer. The drivers side is done and about half of the passenger side. Looking forward to getting it out of the shop.

Your truck is looking outstanding! Great work bud!

Quote:
BigDaddyV
I just found your build, and I am completely in awe of the Amount of killer work and detail that you have put into this truck! You are an insiration for me to really get kickin on my build. Thank you sir.
Thanks for the kind words. As so many will tell you, it's a lot of work but it all pays off in the end. There are so many killer builds on this site. No wonder the 67-72 Chevy truck is the most popular classic truck. It's the guys on this site with their dedication and creativity that make them so cool!

You guys take care,
Steve

Roll Tide!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #484
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Hey Mike. Nothing new except moving it in and out of the garage while I finish up the metal work on the burb. Shouldnt be too much longer. The drivers side is done and about half of the passenger side. Looking forward to getting it out of the shop.

Your truck is looking outstanding! Great work bud!
Sounds like you are staying busy enough. Thanks for the props on the truck. I can't wait till I can enjoy mine like you get to yours.
Any plans for a new project?
Old 08-19-2014, 11:01 PM   #485
sduckworth13

Thanks for the kind words. As so many will tell you, it's a lot of work but it all pays off in the end. There are so many killer builds on this site. No wonder the 67-72 Chevy truck is the most popular classic truck. It's the guys on this site with their dedication and creativity that make them so cool!

You guys take care,
Steve[/QUOTE]

Steve, just want to mention that it's guys like you on the forum that made a rookie welder strive for nothing but the best when I first got on the forum. I'm still working on my technique when I can, but you definitely inspired me to get better welding.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #486
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
sduckworth13

You guys take care,
Steve

Steve, just want to mention that it's guys like you on the forum that made a rookie welder strive for nothing but the best when I first got on the forum. I'm still working on my technique when I can, but you definitely inspired me to get better welding.
Thanks Scott for the kind words. Being an IT guy and not a professional welder myself the biggest thing for me was learning patience and persistence. I screwed up a lot. A lesson I had to learn was not to allow myself and take shortcuts. To go back and do it right instead of saying it was "good enough" (being OCD helped a lot with that! Lol). That thought process helped me the most and is probably why I got burned out at times and why it took me 3 years to finish.

Jezebel is far from perfect and I never really intended her to be. I want to drive it not look at it lol. I have a few things I wish I would have done differently, but overall I am happy with the results.

I still have some finish work to do that I have been putting off (mostly trim work). I will post the work when I get around to it after it cools down here in FL and I get this burb done. Sorry for the long post...

Sorry to hear about your engine troubles. Good luck with the rebuild. I have the same Comp 280h in Jezebel and love it.

Steve

Roll Tide!
Old 08-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #487
sduckworth13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgaylord View Post
Thanks Scott for the kind words. Being an IT guy and not a professional welder myself the biggest thing for me was learning patience and persistence. I screwed up a lot. A lesson I had to learn was not to allow myself and take shortcuts. To go back and do it right instead of saying it was "good enough" (being OCD helped a lot with that! Lol). That thought process helped me the most and is probably why I got burned out at times and why it took me 3 years to finish.

Jezebel is far from perfect and I never really intended her to be. I want to drive it not look at it lol. I have a few things I wish I would have done differently, but overall I am happy with the results.

I still have some finish work to do that I have been putting off (mostly trim work). I will post the work when I get around to it after it cools down here in FL and I get this burb done. Sorry for the long post...

Sorry to hear about your engine troubles. Good luck with the rebuild. I have the same Comp 280h in Jezebel and love it.

Steve
Glad to know you like the cam. I'm sending the block, crank and pistons to the machine shop tomorrow. I can't wait to get it all put back together.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #488
mjensen

We just got a new contract with the CSX, and also work with another company in JAX so chances of me being out there again are pretty good

Old 09-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #489
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
mjensen
We just got a new contract with the CSX, and also work with another company in JAX so chances of me being out there again are pretty good
Awesome. Let me know if you are ever in town.

Roll Tide!
Old 11-30-2018, 09:04 AM   #490
sgaylord
Project collector

Hey everyone, I'm back! A lot of water has run under the bridge since I last posted, hope all is well. I wanted to pop in with some up to date pics of Jezebel and to post that Jezebel 2.0 is about to start. Going to take it to the next level. No details as of yet, I am still working on the plans. Not sure if I will start another thread or just use this one. We will see.

Yes, thats the rusty burb in my previous posts all done now.

Steve
Attached Images

Roll Tide!
Old 11-30-2018, 09:19 AM   #491
mjensen

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Btw, those rides look killer!

Old 12-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #492
sgaylord
Project collector

Thx Mike. Looking forward to these upgrades.

Roll Tide!
Old 12-06-2018, 08:37 AM   #493
mcbassin
Still Learning

What's up Steve. Good to see you are still working on these old trucks....
Old 12-06-2018, 11:48 AM   #494
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
What's up Steve. Good to see you are still working on these old trucks....
Hey Mike. Doing great my friend. Oh yeah, love these trucks. Looking forward to Jezebel 2.0. Just ordered a bunch of parts (pics coming soon!).

Roll Tide!
Old 01-10-2019, 02:39 PM   #495
sgaylord
Project collector

Hope everyone had a great holiday and some good time with their C-10/20/etc.

Update on Jezebel. 2.0 will finally put her on bags

Props to Travis at ProPerformance. Great service and shipping!

Plan

Accuair E-Level
Front and rear bags
Adjustable Panhard
Rear Shock Relocation
Holley Terminator EFI
New Boyd's EFI Tank

Current pics
Attached Images

Roll Tide!
Old 01-24-2019, 09:00 PM   #496
sgaylord
Project collector

Ok some progress pics. Got the notches, adjustable panhard bar, and bags installed. I know not laying frame but as far as I wanted to go for now. Not ready to cut my bed floor yet, lol.
Attached Images

Roll Tide!
Old 01-25-2019, 01:36 AM   #497
cornerstone

Thanks for the pics. Can you tell us what all has been done in the current pictures? Were the front bags installed and aired out in the last photo? I have the same set up from Travis, but my cab is still off the chassis, so I'd like to have some reference please. Oh almost forgot... the truck looks great!

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:27 PM   #498
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
cornerstone
Thanks for the pics. Can you tell us what all has been done in the current pictures? Were the front bags installed and aired out in the last photo? I have the same set up from Travis, but my cab is still off the chassis, so I'd like to have some reference please. Oh almost forgot... the truck looks great!
Thanks for the props. Yes, a good bit of work, lol.

-Rear frame was notched using the template provided in the kit. Lots of rivets to cut out and holes to drill. Oh the fun!

-Using the adjustable panhard kit I ran into an issue since I have custom trailing arms. I ended up having to cut the lower bracket into 3 pieces, extending the passenger trailing arm 2" and boxing it in. Ill add a few pics.

-Rear shock relocators were easy to install. Cut out some rivets in the upper crossmember, drill some holes in the trailing arms.

-Front bags were the easiest since there isn't much fab work to do there (until I get to installing the E-Level kit). Drill holes to bolt in the upper bag plates and a hole with a grommet in the crossmember for the air line. Oh, I did remove the bump stop because it was rubbing on the bag a little. I plan to fab a stop for the spindle to bump up against at full turn to replace what was removed with the bump stop.

That's pretty much where things are now. I need to install the E-level ride height monitors, blow the suspension apart, prep and paint it, do the complete Holley Terminator EFI install, install the new efi fuel tank, run fuel and air lines, install the bed back on, install the air tank, and compressors in the bed, then wire the entire thing..... Im sure there is more but it's a start.
Attached Images

Roll Tide!
Old 03-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #499
packrat42

Hey Steve, long time no see. Glad to ol jezebel is still around.

...............................____
.................________-|___\____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|
Old 03-21-2019, 02:23 PM   #500
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

I would add a 2" lowering block to your rear trailing arms.
That will give you a nice low ride height, with the correct amount of air in the rear bags.
Cool truck!

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote