The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
Ridgeclimber

Cummins c10/c20 build advice?

I have been thinking about building a cummins isb(24 valve)/C10 (67-72)short box step side. I have a 2002 dodge cummins engine with the complete front frame clip with wiring harness. It was a 4x4 so I remove the auto trani and all the related wiring today. I am in the process of figuring out the engine ECM wiring. I think I have it figured out. Hopefully I wil have it running in the frame clip soon. I plan on getting a bell housing adaptor plate and ring gear so I can use a 4l80e trani with a stand alone controller. It looks like a friend has that I could use. My question is my dad has a 69 c20 lwb or a c10 lwb that I can have. Are the frames the same other then the heavier suspension bolted onto it? Would it be easier to customize the suspension of the 3/4 ton or the 1/2 ton running gear and which would be tougher. I plan on lowering it with disc brakes. Then shorten the frame. I am trying to keep the cost down and tincker with it over time. Any suggestion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ridgeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote