The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
WOLFMANmike

How do you check the fluid level in a manual steering gear box ?

Hey guys how do you check the level of a stock manual steering box gearbox I'm asking because I have a leak in mine and I cannot afford to buy a new one at this point the steering got quite a bit stiffer and there's quite a bit of play in it about three to three and a half inches both sides and also can you tell me what fluid goes in there is it Grease or is it gear oil as in differential oil? The rag joint looks to be fine and all the other suspension has been replaced adjusters tie rod ends ball joints pitman arm everything new just driving home today on the freeway it was wondering pretty bad and got pretty tight I looked underneath and there's quite a bit of seepage on the gearbox at self so I'm sure I've lost if not all most of the fluid in it your help would be much appreciated if you could direct me in the right direction to go with checking the fluid level and how to put fluid in thanks in advance
WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote