The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
70LonghornCST

1970 Chevy Longhorn Restoration progress

Hi there!
I am in the process of restoring a 1970 Chevy Longhorn. My 69 C10 was stolen a year and a half ago and I bought this one to build. I wish I had taken pictures of this truck before I started tearing into it. This truck was an upgrade from my C10 as my C10 was a 6cyl 3-speed...very basic. This truck has a 350 with air and a wood bed. However, all needed to be redone except for the engine. It was a crate engine with 2700 miles on it when I got it. However, it was very dirty so I needed to detail it. Here is the truck just after I removed the front clip, painted the firewall, and detailed the engine. You can see that this truck had the saddle tanks as many Longhorns did. I wound up welding them closed. I had purchased aftermarket doors and a tailgate...all junk. I eventually found some nice originals. The tailgate that I found was from a truck that the owner had put a camper on it when new, and stored the tailgate. It is near NOS. I also repaired the kick panels, and replaced the rockers with NOS GM rockers. The pics show some of the progress. I have done much more, and I will post more pics and keep you all posted of my progress, and dilemmas.
Attached Images

Last edited by 70LonghornCST; 12-16-2010 at 02:46 AM.
70LonghornCST is offline   Reply With Quote