The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2017, 08:42 AM   #751
superfly66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
You have been misinformed. Not all heads with centerbolt valve covers are Vortec heads. All small block heads from '87-'02 utilize centerbolt valve covers. As I said previously, the Vortec small block was produced from '96-'02 only. If your engine is indeed from a '89 Trans Am it is a TPI engine, either a 305 or a 350
Thanks for setting me straight on the motor. Haha. It looks like I had some other info wrong. I actually have a long water pump and not a short water pump. Back to the drawing board on the bracket I need.
Posted via Mobile Device
superfly66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:08 PM   #752
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Steering Adapter Plates

If the water pump is the original for the '89 TA, it is a reverse rotation for a serpentine drive assembly.If you don't want to run a serpentine drive, you will have to change the water pump. At that point you may as well get a short water pump, which is correct for your truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly66 View Post
Thanks for setting me straight on the motor. Haha. It looks like I had some other info wrong. I actually have a long water pump and not a short water pump. Back to the drawing board on the bracket I need.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #753
superfly66

Quote:
If the water pump is the original for the '89 TA, it is a reverse rotation for a serpentine drive assembly.If you don't want to run a serpentine drive, you will have to change the water pump. At that point you may as well get a short water pump, which is correct for your truck.
I purchased brackets for saginaw type P/S pump. The pump I have says metric on it and didtn realize it until I removed the pulley. Now I have the wrong brackets. Should I buy a saginaw type P/S pump because I cant find brackets for this type of pump. Refresher: The PS parts are off of an 83 C10. The original mount which I dont have, was told by the PO that it also held the compressor as well as the P/S pump. TIA
Old 10-11-2017, 10:47 PM   #754
white67

Quote:
I don't have the installation instructions complete just yet, but I will provide you all the necessary measurements and pictures to get the job done. Plus I'm always available to answer any questions you may have. I won't sell my produsts to anyone one and just say "You're on your own" I want to make sure you're happy with your purchase.
Looking for a kit that works on a 1967 Chevy truck ?
white67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:34 PM   #755
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Are the power steering pump brackets you bought for a long water pump? If so they should work with that power steering pump. Does your water pump have a threaded boss or a smooth bore boss to hang the pump from?

Quote:
I purchased brackets for saginaw type P/S pump. The pump I have says metric on it and didtn realize it until I removed the pulley. Now I have the wrong brackets. Should I buy a saginaw type P/S pump because I cant find brackets for this type of pump. Refresher: The PS parts are off of an 83 C10. The original mount which I dont have, was told by the PO that it also held the compressor as well as the P/S pump. TIA

I already replied to your PM. You do not need a steering box adapter plate for a '67 C series truck. Only for a K series truck. You have not said which one you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white67 View Post
Looking for a kit that works on a 1967 Chevy truck ?
Old 10-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #756
superfly66

Quote:
Are the power steering pump brackets you bought for a long water pump? If so they should work with that power steering pump. Does your water pump have a threaded boss or a smooth bore boss to hang the pump from? I bought a kit that says it’s for either water pump.

I already replied to your PM. You do not need a steering box adapter plate for a '67 C series truck. Only for a K series truck. You have not said which one you have.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #757
superfly66

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
The kit says its for either long or short
Old 10-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #758
superfly66

Quote:
The kit says its for either long or short
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2017, 11:44 PM   #759
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Those brackets are typically used with a short water pump. If that pump works, I would just get the correct brackets for the application that you got the water pump for. It will depend on the threads or no threads in the boss I mentioned yesterday. Post a pic of the front of your engine on the drivers side.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:18 AM   #760
superfly66

Quote:
Those brackets are typically used with a short water pump. If that pump works, I would just get the correct brackets for the application that you got the water pump for. It will depend on the threads or no threads in the boss I mentioned yesterday. Post a pic of the front of your engine on the drivers side.
Let me know if I'm wrong but arent those brackets that I listed supposed to mount to the back of the ps pump? There isnt anything for them to mount to on the backside of the pump, per instructions. Those bracket mounts match up with the holes on my motor but no holes on the back of the pump to mount to.. I will get a pic of the front motor. And Im not understanding what you mean by the threads on the boss..if the threads on the brackets are the same as the threads in the motor?? Thanks
Old 10-13-2017, 11:07 PM   #761
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

With a long water pump, the power steering pump hangs from a boss on the water pump. Some water pumps such as for a '76 will have a smooth bore in that boss. Others will have a threaded bore in that boss. You will need the correct bracket assembly for what you have on the water pump.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #762
superfly66

Quote:
With a long water pump, the power steering pump hangs from a boss on the water pump. Some water pumps such as for a '76 will have a smooth bore in that boss. Others will have a threaded bore in that boss. You will need the correct bracket assembly for what you have on the water pump.
I cant find the brackets I need. And not sure what they look like to even look for them. I'll buy a pump if I have to but then again not sure which one to buy with my water pump.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:24 PM   #763
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I don't know what to tell you not knowing just which water pump you have. It might be easier to just get a short water pump as should be on your truck and then get a early pump. You may be able to use that chrome bracket you already bought. You will also need the correct pulley to drive the PS pump. Do you already have the alternator mounted?

Quote:
I cant find the brackets I need. And not sure what they look like to even look for them. I'll buy a pump if I have to but then again not sure which one to buy with my water pump.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:22 AM   #764
Rpederson46

I need power steering adaptor plate, steering shaft adapter and power steering pump mounting hardware for converting 66 Chevy C10 292 4.8L. I plan on 69 replacement power steering gear and pump for 1/2 ton. Can you send me a pm for ordering?
Rpederson46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:55 PM   #765
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I do not make anything for mounting power steering pumps. I will send you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpederson46 View Post
I need power steering adaptor plate, steering shaft adapter and power steering pump mounting hardware for converting 66 Chevy C10 292 4.8L. I plan on 69 replacement power steering gear and pump for 1/2 ton. Can you send me a pm for ordering?
Old 12-04-2017, 01:15 AM   #766
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I have a couple of new steering couplers for sale. I have one that is 3/4"-36 spline and one that is 13/16"-36 spline. The cost is $45.00 each plus shipping.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #767
dave rockwell

got mine today as well as brake booster plate ,looks top shelf! thanks
dave rockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:17 AM   #768
superfly66

[QUOTE=Captainfab;8061642]I don't know what to tell you not knowing just which water pump you have. It might be easier to just get a short water pump as should be on your truck and then get a early pump. You may be able to use that chrome bracket you already bought. You will also need the correct pulley to drive the PS pump. Do you already have the alternator mounted?[/Q

Captain, I have installed everything successfully. I ended up using an old style pump with those chrome brackets, and the long water pump. I reused the old pressure line and just made my own bends to accommodate with my set up and bought and used a new return line. Thanks for all the help!
Old 12-17-2017, 07:08 PM   #769
Backpayne

Ok, so I must have messed up somewhere. The Captainfab brack went on with no problem, great quality and template. My problem is that after cutting off 1 3/4" of the steering shaft like in the instructions show, it appears that it does not leave enough of the shaft to weld the original end/coupler and allow for the two coupling to tighten all of the way down.

I have not welded anything yet, but something appears off.
Backpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #770
Backpayne

I will go ahead and buy the extension tube/coupler. Will you send paypal request to jpayne_80@hotmail.com?
Backpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:26 AM   #771
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I will have to calculate the shipping cost first as I do not typically sell the tube and flange separately. Send me a PM or a email with your zip code. If I were to send it in a medium flat rate box, that will cost $13.60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backpayne View Post
I will go ahead and buy the extension tube/coupler. Will you send paypal request to jpayne_80@hotmail.com?
Old 12-23-2017, 05:22 PM   #772
ScottH

Hi Cap, would like to order ur PS adapter for a 65 I just picked up.

Thanks & a very merry xmas.

Scott
2008 Corvette convertible
ScottH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:21 AM   #773
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I'll send you a PM with payment info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
Hi Cap, would like to order ur PS adapter for a 65 I just picked up.

Thanks & a very merry xmas.

Scott
Old 01-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #774
Materi1

Captainfab do you ship up to canada?? Postal code is S7v0g5. Lookin for the ps pump bracket and tube. Also has anyone adapted the 73-87 stuff with an inline 6?? Mine does not have ps but trying to track down some factory ps brackets/pump for it. Its a 235 out of a 62 chevy 2
Posted via Mobile Device
Materi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:03 AM   #775
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Sorry but I do not make any power steering pump brackets, only the steering box adapter plates. For power steering pump brackets to fit your 235, check ebay and look for Davis Racing. They make some very nice power steering pump and alternator brackets for the I6 engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Materi1 View Post
Captainfab do you ship up to canada?? Postal code is S7v0g5. Lookin for the ps pump bracket and tube. Also has anyone adapted the 73-87 stuff with an inline 6?? Mine does not have ps but trying to track down some factory ps brackets/pump for it. Its a 235 out of a 62 chevy 2
Posted via Mobile Device