The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2017, 03:48 AM   #1
az1970k5

Correct intake manifold gaskets

Did a search but couldn't find any useful information regarding this. I have an edelbrock performer intake on a 350 with a quadrajet. I didn't have any leak issues but I decided to freshen things up a bit. Now I am wanting to put the correct intake manifold gaskets. My manifold and engine have the intake crossover ports. The PO had these open. I noticed some mechanics recommend these be open and some recommend them to be blocked off. My question is which way is the best and what mainifold gaskets are recommended? I live in AZ so getting to operating temperatures is not a big deal as it gets 110 in the summer and no less than 45 degrees in the winter.
az1970k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:00 PM   #2
Anejo

Re: Correct intake manifold gaskets

Quote:
Originally Posted by az1970k5 View Post
Did a search but couldn't find any useful information regarding this. I have an edelbrock performer intake on a 350 with a quadrajet. I didn't have any leak issues but I decided to freshen things up a bit. Now I am wanting to put the correct intake manifold gaskets. My manifold and engine have the intake crossover ports. The PO had these open. I noticed some mechanics recommend these be open and some recommend them to be blocked off. My question is which way is the best and what mainifold gaskets are recommended? I live in AZ so getting to operating temperatures is not a big deal as it gets 110 in the summer and no less than 45 degrees in the winter.
You're best blocked off especially given your climate. The manifold will thank you for it. Some might argue the Q'jet won't work right without the heater. I never found it to be the case. The felpro gasket sets have a block off in the set.
Anejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:27 PM   #3
az1970k5

Re: Correct intake manifold gaskets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anejo View Post
You're best blocked off especially given your climate. The manifold will thank you for it. Some might argue the Q'jet won't work right without the heater. I never found it to be the case. The felpro gasket sets have a block off in the set.
Thank you
az1970k5 is offline   Reply With Quote