The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-19-2017, 06:03 PM   #1
donut

Issues with my "back" button and this site

The problem seems to be when I hit the "back" button on this site, 10% of the time it will go back a page just fine. Other times, I'm better off navigating through the forum links at the top of the page.

FWIW, I'm running Firefox. IE doesn't seem to have this issue. I tried on a fresh Windows install, and it's not that.

Maybe a newish add that is causing problems? I say newish as it's not a new issue. This is more of a pain than an issue, though, it only seems to occur on this site.

Thanks,

I'm kinda like duct tape- no real purpose, but handy to have around.
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:24 PM   #2
suville

Re: Issues with my "back" button and this site

Guess Im not the only one
suville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:21 AM   #3

Someone over on the peugeot forums was having a similar issue. He ended up removing firefox completely, and then reinstalling it. Here's a link to his thread if it helps. http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...on-out-278138/
Old 09-01-2017, 08:23 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

I've been having this problem for a while. I also use Firefox, but it hasn't been a problem till sometime this year. Sometimes it stays on the same page unless I double, triple, sometimes quadruple click. Other times it does absolutely nothing. I have to scroll up to the top, click the forum, and start all over again. It's a P.I.A for sure. I thought my computer had a processor issue till now.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:13 PM   #5
donut

A fresh install of Firefox didn't help, tried it on a fresh Win 10 install.
I think Firefox is broke. Browsing the Mozilla forums, it seems that this has been an issue for a couple years, but only for a few sites. Guess they figure that it doesn't affect enough people to fix.
Personally, I feel it's one of the adds giving Firefox fits. Just an unprofessional opinion...
IE (ugh!) doesn't seem to have the same issues. I did reload IE, fwiw, been using Firefox since before I joined here.

Sometimes the clicks can number 20,30,40... I know when I'll have to multi-click when I see the page constantly re-loading.

I'm kinda like duct tape- no real purpose, but handy to have around.
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:24 AM   #6
mongocanfly
Post Whore

everytime I post a reply I have to go back to the main subforum at the top of the page...if I hit back it will double post my reply..
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:11 AM   #7
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Not sure if it is the same issue you are talking about but i use chrome and used to be able just to hit the backspace key to back up on pages. Now they have changed up and you have to hold down the Alt key and hit the left arrow at the same time.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #8
bennylava

Get this mouse and just hit the down arrow button right next to the main left mouse button. Works every time. The up arrow goes forward a page. Its also a way better mouse with no need for a cord or a mouse pad, and you don't ever have to adjust the position of the mouse because you ran out of space. And your arm never gets tired if you spend too much time on the computer. Its the ultimate lazy man's mouse. I play a lot of computer games and its indispensable. The batteries last about a year. I just use rechargeable ones.

Its far and away better than any mouse that comes with a computer.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-...rackball+mouse
bennylava is offline   Reply With Quote