The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
gregory whitney

Smile 72 suburban exhaust

Can anyone out there tell me if the exhaust manifolds I have from a 67 big block Impala will work on my 72 big block suburban? Also would the stock exhaust have been dual or single? The guy I bought my Burb from has a set of headers on it with an H pipe and flow masters exiting in front of the rear wheels and I can't take the noise. Also, all the heat and the A/C come out from the dash vents. Moving the levers on the control panel does not move the air flow to the defroster vent or the floor. Where shoud I look first to try and fix this? Lastly, the truck came with a set of 22 inch wheels and tires that I would like to sell. Stockers are more my style.
gregory whitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
oldiron
Designated Grumpy Old Man

Re: 72 suburban exhaust

First of all Gregory welcome to the board.
I can't help you with the exhaust question.
As for the heating part start with the cables on the heater control and see if they are hooked up and moving freely.
Now for the bad news. Unless you are a subscribing member you can not sell anything. If you like I can help you edit your post about the wheels for sale I will be happy to help you.
oldiron
Suburban Moderator.
oldiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Factory big blocks were the only dual exhaust equipped trucks.I believe your car manifolds would work with custom exhaust.I`d like to see them to know for sure.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
mvpco

welcome!!

on the defrost make sure the hoses are hooked up, the cable(you can see it connected) is in the center of the floor hump and about 10 inches up from there. you can move it either way if the cable is not hooked up.
mvpco is offline   Reply With Quote