The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #51
c1069
Registered User
 
c1069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: McFarland , Cali. SIN
Posts: 1,300
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

```
__________________
Pancho

69 c/10 step side 454/400 with 3.07
c1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #52
Steve-W
Registered User
 
Steve-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Posts: 493
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1069 View Post
```
my thoughts exactly..
__________________
Feedback is always welcome!
projects:
1969 C10
1950 GMC 100
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #53
Steve-W
Registered User
 
Steve-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Posts: 493
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Friday evening I managed to sneak out to the garage ans started empying out the old cab, so we can take it of.

there used to be an alarm installed, but the previous owner cut it out... so there were alot of "ghost" wires without an clear source or destination. then there is also the matter of the LPG installation. (yes the truck runs on LPG because the normal gogo juice will set you back Ä1,80 a liter (thats $5,50 a gallon)

I needed to take a picture of the LPG switch so i could see how to connect the wires.


Spaghetti


Empty dash



the seat out


next time we'll be taking the cab off![/
__________________
Feedback is always welcome!
projects:
1969 C10
1950 GMC 100
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #54
Edmond
Registered User
 
Edmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,054
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
(yes the truck runs on LPG because the normal gogo juice will set you back Ä1,80 a liter (thats $5,50 a gallon)
Make that more than $8,30....

Cya,
Edmond
__________________
1971 Chevy C/20 Longhorn, 350/TH400, Edelbrock Performer, IMPCO 425 LPG Carb
1974 Chevy Camaro Z28 (Original)
-------------------------
Capelle a/d IJssel,
The Netherlands
Edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #55
Steve-W
Registered User
 
Steve-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Posts: 493
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
Make that more than $8,30....

Cya,
Edmond
oh yeah..sorry I miscalculated, its $8,60...wow we pay almost 9 bucks per gallon...

are there electrical crate engines available for my truck..??
__________________
Feedback is always welcome!
projects:
1969 C10
1950 GMC 100
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #56
no moa
Registered User
 
no moa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: maine
Posts: 2,323
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
are there electrical crate engines available for my truck..??
Lots, it's the 4000 miles of extension cord that's a ***** to get.
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
1972 C10 Deluxe.Shortbed. 402/400. A/C, white interior, needs complete restore. Project Red, white and blue. Used to be a Longbed apperently.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451950

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

1969 c30 TOW-MATER. 307 4 speed, holmes 440 body.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451082

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.
no moa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #57
Steve-W
Registered User
 
Steve-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Posts: 493
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by no moa View Post
Lots, it's the 4000 miles of extension cord that's a ***** to get.

Hmm can't I just stick 2 Tesla engines in there, I've got a fleetside bed I can use for battery storage
__________________
Feedback is always welcome!
projects:
1969 C10
1950 GMC 100
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #58
Steve-W
Registered User
 
Steve-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Posts: 493
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

It turns out friday evening/nights will be my "gotta work on the truck, honey" evenings. because I can't seem to find the time for any other nightly endevours.

So friday evening I go cracking on taking out the steering colomn, e-brake mount and throttle linkidge. that was the easy part and a half an hour later I thought "oh well, lets take out the front window"

it wasn't so much a hard job as it was a ackward one...because as sson as I toughed the window sealing rubber it started raining pieces rust from the roof. So I actually had to wear goggles to avoid stuff getting in my eyes!

But I got the window out in one piece and am wondering if you can polish away that white "cloudy" stuff around the edges of the window?

here's some pictures




__________________
Feedback is always welcome!
projects:
1969 C10
1950 GMC 100
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #59
Hoolicani
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

It was awesome to see your truck in the garage, Steve. The frame of that green one is still in Robbie's backyard. Cool how yours is coming along!!
Hoolicani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #60
Tinkermc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Farmville, Va
Posts: 3,037
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

looks like a nice project
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #61
Steve-W
Registered User
 
Steve-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Posts: 493
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by de man die vieze winden laat
It was awesome to see your truck in the garage, Steve. The frame of that green one is still in Robbie's backyard. Cool how yours is coming along!!
taking a truck apart is the easy part...the uphill climb is yet to start!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermc
looks like a nice project
yep, now that I have the space for it. that really makes all the difference.
__________________
Feedback is always welcome!
projects:
1969 C10
1950 GMC 100
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #62
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE
 
FRENCHBLUE72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: GRANTS PASS OR
Posts: 21,502
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Not gonna polish out the white clody stuff from the windshield... That is from the windshiled delaminating
__________________
GO BIG GREEN GO DUCKS



MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665



Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #63
Steve-W
Registered User
 
Steve-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Posts: 493
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Not gonna polish out the white clody stuff from the windshield... That is from the windshiled delaminating
Oh well, checked out the price of a new green tinted window: Ä180,- thats around $230,- so not to bad right?
__________________
Feedback is always welcome!
projects:
1969 C10
1950 GMC 100
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #64
FrankieD
Registered User
 
FrankieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gilberts IL.
Posts: 2,489
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
Oh well, checked out the price of a new green tinted window: Ä180,- thats around $230,- so not to bad right?
It's only money!.... figure it will cost you twice what you thought it would because things keep changing.
__________________
94 k2500 EXCab Long Bed 350ci New Toy
95 K2500 Suburban New PlowTruck 454ci
Support our Troops @ http://anyairman.com
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
FrankieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #65
Tinkermc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Farmville, Va
Posts: 3,037
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

lookin good, I think a garage would help you out some
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #66
Steve-W
Registered User
 
Steve-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Posts: 493
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

5..4..3..2..1 and Lift off!!
Houston, the Cab has been succesfully removed!
Having a tractor with a forklift on the front does make it a bit easier



First we tried to lift the cab and put some blocks underneath it, so we could put the forks under it..then we realised this cab is going to be scrapped, so we jammed then against the roof!


Then we cut out a piece of the firewall, because the new cab has a big dent right in the part where you mount the pedals.
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-88QTDDRC-1.jpg

The foot of the shifter was also welded down to the cab!!


then we dropped it in a trailer, which turned out to be a bit small...


Now I'll make shopping list of things I think I'll initially need, later I'll get down to the nitty gritty. I'll post it here and you guys can tell me if I've left anything out.
__________________
Feedback is always welcome!
projects:
1969 C10
1950 GMC 100
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #67
67cheby
67cheby

 
67cheby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: siloam springs ar 72761
Posts: 17,814
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Great score on the cab ! keep up the good work !
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #68
FrankieD
Registered User
 
FrankieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gilberts IL.
Posts: 2,489
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Don't forget to take the trim off the old cab. If you aren't going to use it you can $ell it
__________________
94 k2500 EXCab Long Bed 350ci New Toy
95 K2500 Suburban New PlowTruck 454ci
Support our Troops @ http://anyairman.com
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
FrankieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #69
Steve-W
Registered User
 
Steve-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Posts: 493
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Suddenly the time had come for the old cab to goÖ



ohoh...


ohnoooo!


Thatíll be the last of him!




So the limited budget is still keeping mee from ordering stuff from LMC. I I send them a $700.00 shoppinglist and they send me a $700.00 shipping quote! After that I still have to pay fees and taxes..some I gotta find an other way.

So in the meantime Iíve build a transport wagon for the new cab so we can transport it to the sandblaster. But my mate has got two smaller blasting cabins at his work we could use for some smaller parts.

Inner fenders before:

Cowl panel before:

Blasting Cabine

The Glove box door had some heavy coating on it..hmm just paint over it

Cowl panel in the blaster

Inner fender in the blaster


The glove box door and the cowl have been sprayed in primer, Iíll post pictures soon.
The inner fenders arenít finished blasting yet, because we ran out of glaspearl.

Here a picture of my partner in crime, who graciously let me use his blasting cabinets.

Here we placed the transport wagon under the cabin which was still sitting on the bridge:

Letís take her for a spin

Always practice your obscene guestures

Concentrated waiting at the lights next to a pimpleface GTI driver..
__________________
Feedback is always welcome!
projects:
1969 C10
1950 GMC 100
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #70
Steve-W
Registered User
 
Steve-W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Posts: 493
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

This is what the color is going to be like:



and we test painted two parts to see how it would turn out.





If there are fly boys among us you might recognize the color, this is paint from the Royal Dutch Airline (KLM). These days they use a lighter shade of blue, but this color was used a couple of years back.

its the seperator color in the middle:


my friend works for a airplane repair company and the paint has an expiration date for the planes..but not for my truck

the only tricky part is that is hard to handly because it's very thin paint, so making it stick without runners is a huge task.
but the paint is free...so I'm not complaining! another advantage is that the paint is IATA grade..so it will withstand about anything.

I'll post some pictures this weekend with the parts in the open, see what the color looks like under the sun. (if we get any this weekend)
__________________
Feedback is always welcome!
projects:
1969 C10
1950 GMC 100
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #71
FrankieD
Registered User
 
FrankieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gilberts IL.
Posts: 2,489
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
This is what the color is going to be like:

and we test painted two parts to see how it would turn out.

If there are fly boys among us you might recognize the color, this is paint from the Royal Dutch Airline (KLM). These days they use a lighter shade of blue, but this color was used a couple of years back.

its the seperator color in the middle:


my friend works for a airplane repair company and the paint has an expiration date for the planes..but not for my truck

the only tricky part is that is hard to handly because it's very thin paint, so making it stick without runners is a huge task.
but the paint is free...so I'm not complaining! another advantage is that the paint is IATA grade..so it will withstand about anything.

I'll post some pictures this weekend with the parts in the open, see what the color looks like under the sun. (if we get any this weekend)
With the price of paint sounds like a plan are you going to two tone it with the white?
__________________
94 k2500 EXCab Long Bed 350ci New Toy
95 K2500 Suburban New PlowTruck 454ci
Support our Troops @ http://anyairman.com
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
FrankieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #72
bollybib
Registered User
 
bollybib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,584
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

I just read through your thread. I particularly enjoyed the pictures with your humorous remarks in Post #70 (crusher and gesture haha).

I sometimes complain about shipping costs here in the US, but they are nothing compared to what you have to deal with !

Keep up the good work, looks like you'll end up with a real nice truck the way you are going.
__________________
- Jim -

My Daily Driver is a 1969 Chevrolet Custom/20 Fleetside 350/TH400/Eaton H052 4.10
and its Project thread is here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456911
bollybib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #73
calvin78612
Registered User
 
calvin78612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ennis, Texas
Posts: 668
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

I just found this thread,and just had to laugh at the pictures of the one finger salute,i see it just about everyday in the DFW jungle.Keep up the good work.Look forward to more pictures and info.Calvin.
__________________
72 GMC lwb, soon to be shortbed
69 LWB,parts truck, gone.
09 chevy crewcab
87 swb 86 lwb
calvin78612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #74
gdavis
Registered User
 
gdavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Homosassa, Fl.
Posts: 2,972
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
It turns out friday evening/nights will be my "gotta work on the truck, honey" evenings. because I can't seem to find the time for any other nightly endevours.

So friday evening I go cracking on taking out the steering colomn, e-brake mount and throttle linkidge. that was the easy part and a half an hour later I thought "oh well, lets take out the front window"

it wasn't so much a hard job as it was a ackward one...because as sson as I toughed the window sealing rubber it started raining pieces rust from the roof. So I actually had to wear goggles to avoid stuff getting in my eyes!

But I got the window out in one piece and am wondering if you can polish away that white "cloudy" stuff around the edges of the window?

here's some pictures




a lot of rust on the inside. r u going for a complete roof job just asking.
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #75
gdavis
Registered User
 
gdavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Homosassa, Fl.
Posts: 2,972
Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
5..4..3..2..1 and Lift off!!
Houston, the Cab has been succesfully removed!
Having a tractor with a forklift on the front does make it a bit easier



First we tried to lift the cab and put some blocks underneath it, so we could put the forks under it..then we realised this cab is going to be scrapped, so we jammed then against the roof!


Then we cut out a piece of the firewall, because the new cab has a big dent right in the part where you mount the pedals.
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-88QTDDRC-1.jpg

The foot of the shifter was also welded down to the cab!!


then we dropped it in a trailer, which turned out to be a bit small...


Now I'll make shopping list of things I think I'll initially need, later I'll get down to the nitty gritty. I'll post it here and you guys can tell me if I've left anything out.
If you have the room I would set the cab out side or some where For u never know what pieces you can canibalize from the old cab. it does not eat anything setting there and it might save you money in the long run.
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
c10, europe, netherlands, rebuild, swapped

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com