The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2020, 12:09 AM   #2401
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: My Facetruck thread.

I've been in some spins in the past. Just glad to see that you get to post about it!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:50 AM   #2402
davischevy

Wow, I just now saw this. I'm glad you weren't hurt, and it sucks that your van got banged up.

It's amazing how fast your life can change.

It sounds like you sub from some outstanding people.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 01:02 AM   #2403
72 tigger

Glad you’re ok and no one else was involved. I assume the van is totaled?
Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:16 AM   #2404
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
It sounds like you sub from some outstanding people.
They sure are. And I know that's only because you are and they know it. It's the smartest move they could make from a strictly business point of view. But allowing use for other work kicks you both up a few notches beyond business reasons.

Looks like this thread is doing the double post thing with you now. It has been doing it to me on every post for the past four or five. Probably will have to delete one of "these". You, me, Dale... I'm starting to think it's an honor. I hope it starts happening for a few others I respect as much (A royal pain in the arse to tell the truth)

EDIT: Nope, not this time. And I could tell because it posted right up. When it double posts it gets hung up for a while... which makes it even more annoying

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:50 PM   #2405
kingsolver72
10/30/19

I’ve been working for this family business since about 1988-99. The dad was an installer that sold flooring also. He taught his son the business. (The dad passed a few years ago. That was a hard time).One of the best tile guys around too. His sisters runs the store.
Their oldest brother is a carpenter who I worked with back in 1982 ish at a van custom conversion shop. Ger-Win Vans. I cut windows and some times tops for the sport roof, installed running boards and installed seat pedestals.
I consider them good friends. They would let me pick and choose jobs but, it doesn’t matter to me it’s all flooring. It ain’t brain surgery.

I must’ve trigger a double post some how but I thought I deleted before anyone noticed.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:16 PM   #2406
davischevy

Well I'm glad your still able to talk to us.

The family business thing made me think of something that happened yesterday.

We have a hardware store her that is managed by the fourth generation.

My wife wants to change all the door hardware in the house. We went to the local big box store and looked at locks. She finally found someone to talk to her, told them what she wanted and then came the lost look, and "I'll have to check the computer. She sensed my frustration and told the guy to find them and we would go look around.

She knew I wanted to go to the local guys. We did. We walked in the store, were met by the owner who pulled out a paper catalogue, let her look, and in 5 minutes we had the hardware ordered. When we got in the truck, she asked about price. I told her he would take care of us and said "He sure made it easy didn't he?".

I have another story about the locally owned plumbing and electric supply and flooring and appliance store, and it is pretty much the same.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:29 PM   #2407
3757chevy

I walk into the local box store and feel like that too. Go to the local family owned hdwe and get taken care of every time.
MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:43 AM   #2408
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Thanks for the kind words fellas.
I’m glad you all let me speak my piece. I look forward to hanging out with the fine gentleman on this site. In my estimation it’s good way to spend a little bit of my time.

Hey Larry, I’ve been wanting to get all new locks for our place. Not one door has the same key.
I’d like to have one key for all the doors and a combination pad/code for one door. I too have been to the big box stores but, we have a key guy in town I’ve been needing to talk to.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:40 AM   #2409
Killer Bee

I haven't gone whole hog with the electronics but our house did come with these..

more difficult to attack than standard kwikset type keyways so we kept them..

btw Larry, how's that connex castle comin along?
Old 02-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #2410
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
So it was 65* yesterday when I started an 850 sf lvp job. All of it up stairs.
It was 32* this morning on my way to work when I hit not one but two bridges in a row with both of them being iced over going 70 mph. I’m fortunate that no one else was on the road and I was not hurt. The second bridge I crossed backwards until I hit the end of concrete barrier which spun me around and I ended up on my side.
WHOA!!!
I just saw this. I'm glad you're okay. Would you like me to send you some replacement underwear? That must have been quite a ride.

Sorry about the van.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:58 PM   #2411
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
WHOA!!!
I just saw this. I'm glad you're okay. Would you like me to send you some replacement underwear? That must have been quite a ride.

Sorry about the van.

I’m getting to the age that I may need to keep a box of Depends in my van.

I finished the job today and got home to look at my van. Was looking around under the dash. Evidently I kicked the stop light switch loose that’s connected to the brake pedal when I landed the van on its side. Plugged it back in and I can put it in gear now. I cleaned the mud out of the wheels. I had to massage the drivers fender and door with my Estwing so I can get in and out. The mirror is still in the middle of 59 highway. Back bumper and passenger side quarter are a little mangled. Other then that and it looks beat up I think I still be able to work out of it. We’ll see.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:29 PM   #2412
davischevy

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words fellas.
I’m glad you all let me speak my piece. I look forward to hanging out with the fine gentleman on this site. In my estimation it’s good way to spend a little bit of my time.

Hey Larry, I’ve been wanting to get all new locks for our place. Not one door has the same key.
I’d like to have one key for all the doors and a combination pad/code for one door. I too have been to the big box stores but, we have a key guy in town I’ve been needing to talk to.
I'm anal about keys. I have three different keys. One will get me in any door at home, one will get me into any lock at work, and one will get me into any other building I own. We ordered the new ones keyed alike.

Oh, and I order Masterlocks by the case with the same key. I have used the same key for twenty five years. Ok, so I have four keys.

Old 02-07-2020, 02:32 AM   #2413
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:

I’m getting to the age that I may need to keep a box of Depends in my van.

I finished the job today and got home to look at my van. Was looking around under the dash. Evidently I kicked the stop light switch loose that’s connected to the brake pedal when I landed the van on its side. Plugged it back in and I can put it in gear now. I cleaned the mud out of the wheels. I had to massage the drivers fender and door with my Estwing so I can get in and out. The mirror is still in the middle of 59 highway. Back bumper and passenger side quarter are a little mangled. Other then that and it looks beat up I think I still be able to work out of it. We’ll see.
As long you're okay. That's the main thing.

Hey it could have been worse.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 02-08-2020, 05:47 PM   #2414
Killer Bee

posted both ways along my commute on ocean through long beach and 2nd in belmont shores..

towable message boards, some say ticketed, some say banned

guess they don't want to wake up the prius and tesla drivers or distract their texting

Old 02-08-2020, 07:08 PM   #2415
special-K
Special Order

Just a daily thing? Not some event going on attracting happy fun seekers and other such undesirable heathens? All the good laws on the books they can't seem to enforce and they'll go on "an incentive" for petty crap to please a favored group. Some pervert with a van full of kidnapped screamin' kids drive by the cruiser. One cop says to the other, "Now their goes a nice quiet exhaust. I could hear grandpa's van load of grandchildren over it"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 02-11-2020, 03:53 PM   #2416
cornerstone

Quote:
So it was 65* yesterday when I started an 850 sf lvp job. All of it up stairs.
It was 32* this morning on my way to work when I hit not one but two bridges in a row with both of them being iced over going 70 mph. I’m fortunate that no one else was on the road and I was not hurt. The second bridge I crossed backwards until I hit the end of concrete barrier which spun me around and I ended up on my side.
Thank God you're ok! I can relate to that highway speed upside down backwards in a van feeling of helplessness...been there done that. I had nearly all of my worldly possessions in the van while moving to Texas, most of which scattered yard sale style nearly 100 yards down the Pennsylvania road including a 600cc Yamaha Radian, 2 guitars, a giant bass amp and cabinet, all of my tools, records (vinyl), and an extra set of wheels and tires... while towing my 69 Mach 1. I made it out with only bumps and scrapes and sold everything to the nice tow truck driver who cleared the road and kindly let me stay at his house til I healed up enough to hitch a ride back to Connecticut.
I hope the insurance company treats you right, unless you are like me and only carry liability on my work truck. Either way, so glad you're not dead Scott!
Brian

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:55 PM   #2417
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Thank God you're ok! I can relate to that highway speed upside down backwards in a van feeling of helplessness...been there done that. I had nearly all of my worldly possessions in the van while moving to Texas, most of which scattered yard sale style nearly 100 yards down the Pennsylvania road including a 600cc Yamaha Radian, 2 guitars, a giant bass amp and cabinet, all of my tools, records (vinyl), and an extra set of wheels and tires... while towing my 69 Mach 1. I made it out with only bumps and scrapes and sold everything to the nice tow truck driver who cleared the road and kindly let me stay at his house til I healed up enough to hitch a ride back to Connecticut.
I hope the insurance company treats you right, unless you are like me and only carry liability on my work truck. Either way, so glad you're not dead Scott!
Brian
Thanks Brian, I do think about it a lot more after the fact. Worst/best case scenario for me is it could have been a one way ride home. God has other plans for now. I’m glad that I didn’t take anyone out.
Your situation sounds a bit more brutal than mine. Your tow truck driver sort of sounds like a “Good Samiritan” story that I’ve read a few times.
There were three different fellas that stopped to help me. That I think is encouraging to see folks will get out of their cars on a freezing cold morning to help a fellow man.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:48 PM   #2418
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Thanks Brian, I do think about it a lot more after the fact. Worst/best case scenario for me is it could have been a one way ride home. God has other plans for now. I’m glad that I didn’t take anyone out.
Your situation sounds a bit more brutal than mine. Your tow truck driver sort of sounds like a “Good Samiritan” story that I’ve read a few times.
There were three different fellas that stopped to help me. That I think is encouraging to see folks will get out of their cars on a freezing cold morning to help a fellow man.
Yeah, in California they'd steal your wallet and the hubcaps.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 02-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #2419
davischevy

Some of you may remember we had a truck stolen a while back. It was found in Missouri. The first pic is before and then after with the later model wheels.

If only I could put the A-hole that did this in a harness and tie him to the trailer hitch and then retrace his route.

Woops wrong truck. I'll find the correct one.
Oh well, I don't have a picture of the truck before stolen on this computer, but you get the picture.

Edit, I took the red truck down because it was not the exact truck. The subject truck was just like this one, but was a year older.
Attached Images

Last edited by davischevy; 02-12-2020 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:29 PM   #2420
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Not that I doubt you, but I find it hard to believe that these pics are of the same truck, separated by the few months that it was missing. Crazy what people can do to something.

Y'all ought to be able to get a straight-across trade for that Pantera in the other thread.

ETA- I just wonder how someone lives thru doing this kind of damage to a vehicle? Maybe they should pay the ultimate price for it, or something.

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Steeveedee; 02-11-2020 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:33 PM   #2421
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Thieves suck big donkey #×&$'s. They are the scum of the earth.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:01 AM   #2422
Killer Bee

we don't cotton to no damn thieves.. we S.S.S.

pardon my french miss Liz
Old 02-12-2020, 01:34 AM   #2423
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Dang. 2500 with the stick. Hate to see one go out like that. Thieves suck!

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:19 AM   #2424
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Ficelez les voleurs

Pardon my French as well.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:33 AM   #2425
special-K
Special Order

So was that one red, too? Did you get it back for parts? Don't you wish we could booby trap things? It would make life so much more simple and fair for all involved. Police would still be involved in making a report. But that could be simplified to multiple choice.

Perpetrator:

a) Live
1- Injured/Charged
2- Severely Injured/Charges Pending

b) Self destructed/Case Closed

Tim