The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
HotRod73

My 85 Chevy Shortwide Project

Well guys, here is my 85 Chevy shortwide project. I love these body style trucks. I had a 87 shortwide about a year ago and ended up trading for a newer style truck (Really regret doing) I now have this one and im trying to fix it up myself as much as I can. I just turned 20 and I'm not the best body man (I really need to learn!) but I know the basic mechanics. Anyways, what I started with was a 1985 Chevrolet Shortwide. Power windows, Locks, Etc. Came with a 305 that was rebuilt at some time, but was not enough power for what I wanted so I yanked her out. I plan on staying with a small block and im trying to load her with between 375-400 HP. I am switching from a TH350 to an overdrive 700r. I'am going to redo the whole interior as well as paint. I plan to lower it (not sure yet how much) and I want the newer style suburban front clip. But for now, here is what im working with.. I'll post more pictures and updates as I get things done... This is my first "build" thread so bare with me guys!