The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-03-2014, 12:36 AM   #1
FirstGen
Just Don't Stop!

Version 2.0 - 68 SWB Fleet - Bagged, Boosted, LS swap

Now about 8 years later I finally found a suitable project to replace my last 68 C10. Previous truck was a long bed I cut and did a short step build on with a 6.0l LS engine and 6 speed manual trans.

I really wanted to do a fleetside this time and I prefer the metal floor and big back window. Stumbled across this truck this week and while it was a lot more of a project than I was hoping to get into, I felt like I was buying mostly parts that I would use and I wasn't buying much that I wouldn't.

The previous owner put a lot of time into the cab already, smoothed firewall, completely new floor, filled the fuel fill hole, etc. The frame was blasted, primed and painted. It has totally restored front crossmember from a 79 chevy I believe with the 5 lug disc setup (will be for sale soon). 5 lug 12 bolt rear axle. Also came with a ton of new sheet metal including a completely new fleetside bed. Literally the whole thing.

The goals on the truck will be to basically one up my last one haha. Will be going with LS engine power plant and auto trans with some sort of boost. Possible supercharged or turbocharged, have not decided that yet. Will be doing the Porterbuilt suspension front and rear with air ride. A little more modern interior and gauges, hidden under dash AC, etc.

I will do all of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and assembly and then tear back down for paint after it's all been put together and fit.

Not in a huge hurry but will update the thread as things progress.

Wish me luck
Attached Images

FirstGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:50 AM   #2
six7swb

Re: Version 2.0 - 68 SWB Fleet - Bagged, Boosted, LS swap

Damn man you got a clean slate, sounds like you have had this build rolling around your head for a while.that bed and cab is sweet!wish i could if started mine off like that! Cant waite to see the progress
six7swb is offline   Reply With Quote