The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #51
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: 72 c10 getting in over my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastuck View Post
i will probably end up with a one piece driveshaft. I got the studs out of the front suspension crossmember the other day and got it cleaned up. I just need to get it sprayed and i can start to bolt a few things up to the frame.

I have had a couple made up in Wichita Ks. and they are not that expensive. I have had many balanced by them, also. You need to insert the front slip yoke in the tranny, to the point where it normally rides and measure from center of the u-joint cup to the center of the u-joint at the rear end. Make sure the frame is sitting on the ground and slightly preloaded with some weight to get your length. These guys will build a good line, balance it and use new U-joints, all in one day. I usually call ahead and make an appointment, drop off the driveline at the opening time for them and the work is done by 4 o clock in the evening. All in one day.

Address:

Drive Line Service
1313 S. Young St.
Wichita Ks. 67209
1-316-945-0255

Last edited by piecesparts; 12-08-2007 at 06:34 PM.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #52
dastuck

thanks frank. I will keep that in mind. I still have a little while before i get to that point so im sure i will talk to you before i get there.
dastuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #53
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastuck View Post
thanks frank. I will keep that in mind. I still have a little while before i get to that point so im sure i will talk to you before i get there.
There used to be a place in Topeka, but they went out of business and I never looked for another. The guys in wichita fulfill my needs well.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote