The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
Posted

Throttle Linkage Suggestions--

Guys, I am just about done with my motor swap..pics to come.. What I need help with now is finding linkage that works. I have my standard thottle rod. Now I have to make this work to the edelbrock 750 I have mounted. Anyone have a similar set up? I can fab at work, but looking to see if there is a part I could just buy.

thanks.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps68113c1e.jpg
Posted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
jmking9

Re: Throttle Linkage Suggestions--

I used this http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400281036779?lpid=82 and it worked great! You should measure and see if that length works for you. I cant remember for sure, but I think they have different lengths. If not, you could always replace one of the pieces of all-thread with a longer one.
I was looking at your build thread, and your truck is awesome. Are you in Springfield MO?
Also, you might try posting your question in the "general" forum. You might get more answers there.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
Posted

That may do it! Thank you!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
Posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking9 View Post
I used this http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400281036779?lpid=82 and it worked great! You should measure and see if that length works for you. I cant remember for sure, but I think they have different lengths. If not, you could always replace one of the pieces of all-thread with a longer one.
I was looking at your build thread, and your truck is awesome. Are you in Springfield MO?
Also, you might try posting your question in the "general" forum. You might get more answers there.

Good Truck, not awesome, but thanks. A very good driver and cruise night vehicle. I cannot wait to hear it run again. I am a week out from that. I am in Springfield MA (or close to it).