The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Talking 1984 C-30 The 80s Custom Truck

this truck i just bought im going to rebuild to a Great looking Daily Driver,
the frame and engine is like new the bed and front end is decent but doors, cab and most interior is shot and going in the trash
this truck has been in denmark since 1991 and from 84 to 1989 it has been running with trailers for a circus in oklahoma

specs
1984 Chevrolet C30 Dually Choo Choo Custom
6.2 Detriot Diesel 79.6xx Original miles with Dual Exhurst
4 Speed Stick Shift

Plans
Cab with doors and most of the interior going to the junkyard and new will be imported rust free from cali and the the bed is going off as well and the frame is going to get soaked in undercoating so it wont rust (live by the water so its very bad with rust here), the engine will get a tune up and maby try to get it to give out a little more power
AC is going to be removed and a normal heater going in insted
Paint Fire engine red and white on both sides going with a stock look
thats all for now will post more later

now time for pics

going on truck to the ferry as the brakes was sezzed

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.

Last edited by GmtGmt; 04-12-2010 at 02:26 PM.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
GmtGmt

Re: 84 Crew Cab Rebuild

Next day picking it up

towing it the last bit home as both batteryes died over night

Home finaly

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
GmtGmt

Original radio Works still

Quote:
Old 10-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
GmtGmt

Wow bad doors and rocker panels

very old florida licens plate

Quote:

Last edited by GmtGmt; 10-02-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
GmtGmt

a little progres but not much

Last inspected in the states in 1989 in oklahoma but on florida tags

Anyone know what these seats are out of whoud like to find a new set as they are very comfy but the driver side is very bad

Getting ready to pull the bed tommrow

Quote:

Last edited by GmtGmt; 10-04-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Wow! That truck has been all over the world.. Very cool.

And on the seats it looks like they are some custom seat nothing that I have seen before.
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #7
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Your truck was a Choo-Choo Customs. They had their own seats made. Your best bet is to have a local upholstery shop try to restore them.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
JohnC

I like the special edition badges.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
GmtGmt

More progress
Cab Fenders and Bed are now of and finaly gets to see the frame and it looks good
but what a load of work to get everything of
Front Fenders off just need to get the inner fender off both rotten bad

Got Rust?

Bed off lighter then we expected

They had welded on Hitch to the bed and frame what a pain to get off
im going to clean up both hitch and bed around the opening and just leve it like its with maby a rubber strip around the hole in the bed so it dosent look to bad

Cab lifted on the rear of the frame rails
found out the the transmission was only held in place with 1 bolt on the Bell Housing and the drive shaft missing the nut on the crossmember and other 3 bolts on the transmission

Cab of and just going to the some sheet metal of it and the Vin number and then its going of the junkyard

Plans for the next few weeks before the cab arives, clean up the frame and paint it, undercoat it, new brake lines, new fuel lines, sand and paint the fuel tanks, rebuild front calibers, 3" Stainless steel exhurst with home grown headers and stacks in the bed, get the heads of the engine and get the of to my friend so he can do his magic and then paint the engine, new shocks Rancho RS5000 more will proberly come but thats plans for now

Quote:
Old 10-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #10
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

No!! Don't put the stacks in the bed! It Looks cool with out that..

And you have been working you but off on this thing, keep up the good work..
Old 10-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #11
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvblazer78 View Post
No!! Don't put the stacks in the bed! It Looks cool with out that..

And you have been working you but off on this thing, keep up the good work..
either Stacks or Side pipes before the Dually Fenders

Thanks i have been really working hard to get so far so we could close the gates on our garage. as we had 2 thin wood panels so it woundt look to inviting for theifs

i cant wait to this thing on the road its the only one in town

Quote:
Old 10-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #12
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmtGmt View Post

i cant wait to this thing on the road its the only one in town
I would say so, will it be to wide for some of your roads?
Old 10-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #13
GmtGmt

Quote:
I would say so, will it be to wide for some of your roads?
it bearly fits on the small roads if it had been like 5 inch to each dually fender it would have been illegal

Quote:
Old 10-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #14
GmtGmt

got a little done today

Intake Manifold is now off going to pull the heads tommrow and get them to off to be modified

Both Tanks are off need new straps to hold them on but tanks are in good shape think the Left has been replaced at one point in time

Tranny is going to get new bearings and seals the clutch will be replaced

Toke the brake lines off going to replaced along with the fuel lines

Is this stock? it looks to be welded

drums and shoes are in good condtion going to clean them and put them back together along with a new seal for in the drum

Im going to start grinding down frame and get it ready for some paint tommrow

Quote:

Last edited by GmtGmt; 10-23-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:38 AM   #15
ghettoluxury

nice progress

So do you plan on adding a turbo to that 6.2

1949 Five Window, 1973 Step Side, 2000 Z71
ghettoluxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:21 AM   #16
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoluxury View Post
nice progress

So do you plan on adding a turbo to that 6.2
no Turbo i have been thinking of maby adding a Blower but i think i leave it the way it is for now

Quote:
Old 11-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #17
GmtGmt

OK some updates

no pics today/tonight sadly

i got all paper work "title" so i can get plates for it when its done

paint is half way done on the frame looks AWESOME

New cab bought along with running boards and a nice Camper shell

please stay tuned

Quote:
Old 11-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #18
GmtGmt

frame teaser

first coat of paint

Quote:
Old 11-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #19
ghettoluxury

lookin good

1949 Five Window, 1973 Step Side, 2000 Z71
ghettoluxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:45 PM   #20
Matt Man

ouch looks like alot of rust but the frame looks good.
2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:14 AM   #21
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Nice! When will your cab be in?
Old 11-25-2009, 01:08 PM   #22
GmtGmt

Quote:
Nice! When will your cab be in?
late december along with a few other goodies running boards, sleeper cab

Quote:
Old 11-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #23
silvereagle07

The frame looks great! Keep up the good work.

'84 GMC project truck
'85 Chevy 4X4 SOLD
'07 Chevy Trailblazer SS

5th Annual SHPHC Car/Truck Show Pics
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=543605 UPDATED PICS! CHECK 'EM OUT
silvereagle07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #24
GmtGmt

Just alittle update no pics sadly

got new bearings for the tranny and got a new Clutch also thanks for extream fast delivery 2 days from US (Cleveland) to Denmark

I have been putting 2 and 2 togther and have come to the conclution that my truck have been damaged once in it life proberly back the late 80s before it came over seas

many of the front end parts headlights, rad support, radiator, coolent tank fenders etc
all have a something thats says like the rad support P/N 81 with yellow marker from a pen.
the left lower control arm has a plate welded on and have some strange dents in it
both frame supports for the swaybar are bend very badly to the rear and 1 have been missing the bushing and the left control arm also had a missing bushing
and the left Control Arm Shaft there is one of the big nuts on the end pressed into the shaft

the frame is not bent we have checked that but there are to VIN that have been cut into the right rail one just under the passenger row and one under the front seat both right side and they where made by 2 diffrent machines
is that normal?

Quote:
Old 12-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #25
GmtGmt

I got this video along with some other pics from my friend who have helped me

Quote: