The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
kthelen

MN - '60 cab, stepside box, rolling chassis

Saved this from the jaws of the crusher a year ago. Had intended to put it all back together, but too many projects and too little cash (along with the recent disappearance of my expected parts truck) has led me to consider selling it before it rots away.

The truck is (was?) a 1/2 ton, 2wd, manual tranny, fairly low optioned. I don't have a title, but here in MN a process does exist to obtain a new one.

CAB: very nice, considering this is Minnesota. Has little to no rust... just a few pinholes in the floor. VERY solid. Right door has a dent (see pics). Will need windshield (had a replacement that was damaged in storage ), right window, and probably a complete left door (somebody robbed the original before I got there; the 'temporary replacement' I put on is pretty rough).

BOX: fair condition, took it because it was original to the truck. Has typical dents, dings, and rotten wood floor. Tailgate is decent. A little rust around the inside bottom (due to moisture from the rotten wood), but still very salvageable.

FRAME: complete rolling chassis, currently in storage. Not sure what rearend or tranny - never really looked! (Was planning on putting the cab and box on a newer K20 chassis, seen above, also available.) Has a 283 that wasn't stuck. Visually looked OK.

Given this not-quite-complete info, what would your guess be?

Last edited by kthelen; 09-21-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: added box pics
kthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
68JOHNDEERE

Re: MN - '60 cab, stepside box, rolling chassis

What kind of price tag on everything together?
68JOHNDEERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
kthelen

That's what I'm trying to determine... hence a WIW thread

I'm not sure what this stuff is worth, since I can't find anything similar to compare it with locally.

Maybe down south things are better, but up here in MN I can't find an '80 or '90 cab this clean, let alone a '60. Something like this is a great find around here.

Also not sure if it being a '60 is a plus or a minus. It was a plus to me, being that the 60-62s are more unique than the far more common (at least around here) 63-66s. But maybe that's not the general consensus... fewer parts around, and I know not everyone likes the rounded glass and "cat eye" style hood better.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
Indian113

2-3 hundred for the box?
2-5 hundred for the cab as it's a standard with high hump?
You might get more out of them if you part them out!
I'm glad you saved them,Knee Knockers are neat!

Last edited by Indian113; 09-21-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: wasn't done!
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
kthelen

Stumbled across another parts truck today... add windshield, door glass, hood with trim/lenses/etc, heater assembly, and wiper/cowl covers to the list

I couldn't stomach having to spend $500 on a new windshield after my last one got wrecked - that was kinda the last straw. But with that problem solved, it seems I have some serious thinking to do. (If it's all only worth somewhere in the hundreds as-is, maybe I'll just assemble it on the cheap and have myself a new parts picker-upper.)