The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2010, 01:15 AM   #6
mr48chev

Re: M11 crosmember info?

Yes, I have a couple of different friends who have installed a lot of them in cars and trucks between them in the past 30 years.

Most all of the early Cobra kit cars had stock MII crossmembers and suspension. Those crossmembers used to sell for right at 100 bucks across the counter at any Ford Dealers Parts counter but the supply dried up years ago.

Some guys notched the frame rails to fit the crossmember and some notch the crossmember to fit the frame rails.
Check your pm's.
Personally I'm going to run one of the Welder series www.welderseries.com weld it yourself crossmembers. about 225 bucks and then run the stock MII suspension pieces I have stashed away. I picked up a pair of really nice forged caliper brackets to use 11 inch rotors and GM metric caipers with on Ebay for about 50 bucks.
Altogether I should have around 500 in the front end hub to hub minus the rack and pinion when I get it together.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote