The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2003, 12:08 AM   #1
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Thumbs up Winfield Truck, Car, & Bike show, June 22, 2003

Just got some flyers this evening from Doug with info and entry form, but it is too big for my scanner, so I will cut one up and post when I get some time. The show is here in Winfield, KS, and will be at the fairgrounds on Sunday, June 22nd. It is a one day show, but there will be a little Sat. night cruising goin' on. We had a great time last year, and it is definately going to be better this year. Hope some of the board members from this part of the country can make it. If we have a few board members, we will be able to rope off an area so we can all park together, I've already got that cleared with Doug (the guy that is putting on the show).

I took a couple of paint guns up to Yukon Jack on Tuesday, and he took me out to an excellent Mexican restaurant. You guys would have cracked up at us "truck spotting", LOL! It's a disease, I swear it is! LOL! We had a good time, too bad it was such a short visit. Anyway, Yukon is going to have to get with it in order to have the truck painted by then. Tracy's truck should be lookin' real good by that time, and he will be here also. Ironhorse will have his sweet 4x4 here, and we will finally get some pics of it to share. I think Blazerboy and Drecarius will be here, and I hope some of the Wichita members can make it too. Tulsa and OKC area guys, hope to see some of you also.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:23 AM   #2
Zurbo

I'm planning on being there so I can finally meet up with you guys.

I am so chomping at the bit to get started restoring my ol Cheyenne I can taste it.

Any of you guys planning on going to the Lake Afton Show this June 8th?

Last edited by Zurbo; 05-30-2003 at 12:49 AM.
Zurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 09:53 AM   #3
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

I would definitely encourage area members to hit this show. There was a good showing last year of some very nice vehicles. The burnout contest was a blast and Blazerboy really lit them up in his truck. We will have to see if he is man enough to light up his 35's this year!

I doubt I will make it to the Lake Afton show, but good to know when it is.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 05:48 PM   #4
Ironhorse

Hey barn9 & Yukon, good to see the posting about the show. LB when you get some info for registration can you PM it to me? Plan on having the truck there for sure. Would be nice if we could park in our own little "truck corral" corner. Am looking forward to this one for sure. Hoping to meet some more board members, had a great time last year. This year I plan on bringing a few more items of neccessity, chairs, bigger cooler, camera, bigger cooler, picture book on truck re-build, and most likely a bigger cooler. LOL I think Monroe plans on going also. May have my youngest and middle boys also. Mike, my middle son has a nice 96 Z-71 4x4 that is pretty clean for a newer truck. heheh See ya there!!
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 11:01 PM   #5
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Ironhorse, good to hear from you. Don't forget to bring a bigger cooler this year, LOL! The city parks department is going to mow before the show, so we can park in some shade this year. If I know we are going to have enough to warrant it, we can set up an area for our bunch. I'll probably get there early enough to try and save us a good spot. I'll PM you the entry info. If anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll get you the info also.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:35 PM   #6
Kid

I went to this show last year on my bike, was a really good show. I will be bringing my sons (almost done) red 68 SWB this year. Looking foward to meeting the local board members (Ironhorse, Barn9), o-yea, I will grab the cooler also.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 11:30 PM   #7
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Hopefully we will all be able to park in one spot. 68gmcjon's Orange & White, Ironhorse's Blue 4x4, and maybe Yukon's freshly painted White (if it is finished), should be parked next to my truck, I know they are going to be there for sure. I guarantee we'll have a good time. Here's my truck for those that don't know it already:
Attached Images