The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #101
88Stanger

Re: Serious Black

awesome idea!! great look, good job.
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:12 AM   #102
schmeed24

Love that steering wheel? What kind is it? Can you give me a couple of details about where to pick one up?
schmeed24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:30 PM   #103
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Serious Black

Well, I spent most of yesterday, applying sound deadener to the doors, they close so much nicer without that terrible rattling. Of course once I get the window regulators installed, and the door panels, that will help as well.
I routed my tail light harness along the drivers frame rail, all the way out back, then installed my tail lamp and reverse lamps and lenses.
If I only had more hours in the day.....
Ben
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:09 PM   #104
snipescastle2

well, the other night I installed my tail light bezels, I have to say, if you can avoid "Counter Part" trim pieces, by all means, do...I was going very easy installing these, trying not to put too much pressure installing the trim clips in their holes, I had to put a little more pressure on a few and it proved too much, bent the crap out of them so, the next day, back to Classic Parts for yet another set...this time they went in with no issues.
Now, the tail gate trim is another gripe I have.... those upper trim pieces don't fit for crap, I even installed the center piece above the tailgate handle like it's supposed to be, and the trim pieces don't fit over the center piece very well..... got it as close as I could, guess I am either going to have to buy the "Mar-K" ones, or find me some originals in decent shape and polish them up....
I have almost all my wiring done, with the exception of my stereo, and the dome light/Cargo light wiring. I also have to connect the fuel tank sender wire to the harness. I am almost ready to turn the engine over for the first time, but I want to bleed my brakes, and have the E-brake connected before I fire it up..... definitely getting closer.......

My upholstery guy is almost finished with my seats, he has to finish the center jump seat/console and I can pick them up, probably Monday morning. I have him making my headliner and sun visors to match the seat material, should be *****in' !!! The headliner will have a Chevy Bowtie made into it, and I had the "Punisher" Skull logo embroidered into the center jump seat, that is gonna be killer! Pictures to follow soon!
Have a good one!
Ben
Old 01-17-2016, 02:20 AM   #105
snipescastle2

pics as promised! here are a just a couple until I get them home and take some "proper Ones" sorry, these are from my phone.... the last picture is one of the inside of the cab, showing my door panel color. These seats should look awesome with the matching door panels!!! and I can't wait to see the rest of the pieces, the headliner, sun visors and Jump seat with the "Punisher" Skull on it....
Enjoy!
Ben
Attached Images

Last edited by snipescastle2; 01-17-2016 at 02:25 AM. Reason: adding
Old 01-18-2016, 01:09 PM   #106
Low Elco

Neat stuff. Glad it's coming along.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:26 PM   #107
snipescastle2

Chip,
Yeah, plugging along when I can. Been working nights and I can't get much done when I'm sacked out all day..... here's a few more pics with the rest of my goodies.....Enjoy!
Ben
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2016, 02:21 AM   #108
JJ's Sierra Grande

looking good, like the seat colors. what are those seats out of originally?
JJ's Sierra Grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:10 AM   #109
snipescastle2

The seats are from a 2007 Silverado, the center seat came from a little older model, probably 2003...the pictures don't do them justice (cell phone pictures) the blue is more brighter and darker blue than in the pictures.
Have a good one!
Ben
Old 01-21-2016, 07:04 AM   #110
phillip123hastings

Damn I love the Punisher! Keep them pics posting - great progress!
phillip123hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #111
Vic1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipescastle2 View Post
Chip,
Yeah, plugging along when I can. Been working nights and I can't get much done when I'm sacked out all day..... here's a few more pics with the rest of my goodies.....Enjoy!
Ben
Those seats look comfortable, Ben. With the other touches you've added to the interior, all you'll need to be styling is some Ozzy blasting out of the stereo!
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:44 AM   #112
snipescastle2

Vic,
Thanks for the input! I had a 2007 Silverado extended cab once, and I did like the feel of these seats, I was kind of on the fence about whether or not to keep the head rests, but they did obscure the rear window. Glad they turned out like I imagined! Now, if I could just find some time to get back to work on it! I have to figure out how to secure these seats to my floor (I'm betting the stock holes won't come close) so, I'll have to figure out some floor reinforcement ideas and then, I have to mount my Rockford Fosgate amp under the jump seat or one of the two buckets, run the amp/speaker wiring and then lay down my floor insulation and carpet. I still have to finish my behind the seat speaker cabinet, basically all done, with the exception of covering it with either Black naugahyde or black speaker carpeting.
I made some kick panels to match my seat fabric last night here at work (I'm working nights right now) since I had some idle time, and my Upholstery guy gave me the extra tweed material..... I'll have to post some pictures after I get that installed..... Getting closer, still have a ton of small things to get done, mostly little things, but they all add up, don't they! Hope to get it fired up here soon, but I'm not in any hurry, as I still have my window glass and brakes to deal with.
Well,
Take care and see you soon!
Ben

Oh yeah, Ozzy would be cool, but I hear "Judas Priest"- "You got another thing coming" blaring away!!!
Old 02-01-2016, 11:25 AM   #113
snipescastle2

Well, finally got to wire up my Rockford Fosgate Amp and speaker cabinet today.I also installed my carpet and seats as well.
I had laid the seats in place where I wanted them, took a sharpie and marked the holes, took the seats back out, double checked the holes to make sure they were aligned, and square. Once I bolted them in, the center seat/console is off by an inch or so....hmmmmm. the frame must have been tweaked, as I tightened it down, it seemed to lay over to the passenger side. Guess I'll be trying to pull that to the drivers side or, just drill a few more holes...not what I wanted to do for sure.
I also installed my sill plates, the interior is really starting to come alive! I'm pretty happy thus far.
Here are a few pics...enjoy!
Ben
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2016, 12:00 PM   #114
sduckworth13

Nice work Ben, your truck is really looking sharp.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:54 PM   #115
snipescastle2

Scott,
Thanks! I'm edging closer and closer to firing that sucker up! I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a lower radiator hose that will work with my long water pump and the four core radiator with that curved outlet.......weird curves for sure....I really don't want to "cobble" something together on such a simple item......guess I'll post that here on the forum, perhaps someone else has had that issue as well...... I still have many "Little things" left to do, but all together, important safety things, E Brake cables, one short piece of fuel line tubing, connect front brake lines from the master cylinder to the front and rear brake lines, Etc..... well, work calls, have to run.
Have a good one!
Ben
Old 02-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #116
Vic1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipescastle2 View Post
... trying to find a lower radiator hose that will work with my long water pump and the four core radiator with that curved outlet...
I used a universal lower hose I found on eBay for the '57 Ford when I encountered that same problem. Had a few junk hoses in the scrap bin so I spliced some pieces together to approximate what it needed. Then used the measurements to find one with the right length and inlet/outlet diameters. It's the accordion style, but because it was so short, I really needed it to be flexible.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #117
snipescastle2

Vic,
Thanks for the tip! you know, even those cool chrome/stainless accordion hoses would probably be fine with me, I'll have to look into that...Thanks!
Ben
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2016, 06:28 PM   #118
68Gold/white

Dayco 70324 might do the job, may have to cut some off either end....
68Gold/white is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:22 PM   #119
snipescastle2

I bought an upper and lower radiator hose for a 1973 1/2 ton 2wd with a 350 ci engine. These are gonna fit perfect.pictures to follow.
Ben
Old 02-10-2016, 01:30 AM   #120
sduckworth13

Thought you might like this picture Ben. Got that off Facebook.
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2016, 07:43 AM   #121
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Ben,
Looking great my friend!
Proud moments as you close in on the finishing touches.
Keep plugging away!
Mike
Old 02-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #122
Low Elco

Getting closer!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:50 PM   #123
snipescastle2

Mike,
Thanks! If you by chance happen to have a "High" and "Low" note horn that works, I could sure use them!!!! both of mine are a no go....also, I need some pieces for the Blue seat belts I got from you, basically, the buttons/springs and covers, if they are a different color, I can always spray them, I have the correct color blue vinyl dye.....
Thanks!
Ben

Chip,
Thanks! I took tomorrow off, and I am hoping to get a lot done, I'd really like to get the engine fired up this weekend, the following weekend if not....I'm really close, that's for sure!
You guy's have a good weekend!
Ben

Last edited by snipescastle2; 02-10-2016 at 03:51 PM. Reason: changes
Old 02-11-2016, 12:08 AM   #124
snipescastle2

Scott,
That "Skull" is known as "Jake" (don't know why)
But that is particular to the Corvette crowd. Sure looks wicked!!!
Ben
Old 02-14-2016, 01:40 PM   #125
snipescastle2

Well,
I got a little bit more done this weekend. I mounted my headliner and sun visors, finished the fuel lines.finished up the in bed fuel filler neck (Boy, NAPA sure is proud of their fuel filler hose $20 a foot) I should have just bought the kit at LMC, clamps and hose for $16.00, oh well, didn't feel like driving an hour just to get something across town.
Still have a ton of small things to do, but I'm gaining on it!
Have a good one!
Ben