The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-03-2017, 11:23 AM   #1
CountofMonteCarlo84

Best Tires for 18/20 Restomod Combo

I'm having some difficulty figuring out what some good tires would be that are made in both 215/55/18 and 265/50/20. I'm in Florida so a summer tire year round is fine and an aggressive look is preferred. Of course, the largest concern is always traction and I only want to run street tires, no drag radials (its not that fast...). These are for a 57 3100 that currently has older BFG KDW's on it, which are not made anymore to my knowledge. I would have posted in the 47-59 section, but I think you guys run bigger wheels/tires so it seemed more applicable. Changing to different size tires is not really an option since the 215's are the largest I can go in front and the 265's are pretty close to the fender lips in the rear. I could maybe go slightly larger in the rear, but I would have to measure the space available and the tire specs. Opinions on tires personally used is preferred. Thanks for your help.
CountofMonteCarlo84 is offline   Reply With Quote