The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #26
Longhorn 70

Re: Drop question? 1 inch down on left compared to the right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
wouldn't new springs eliminate that?
They should eliminate it.....do they for sure? That would depend on the springs. Mine were Moog brand and were only 5 years old. A new set in and baddabing, both sides equal.

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Gal 6:9
Longhorn 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #27
Fitz
Account Suspended

Re: Drop question? 1 inch down on left compared to the right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbassC10 View Post
My left front side drop is about 1 inch roughly lower than the front right side.

I've measured this at different locations to make sure it was just a hair higher elevation in the parkin lot then or over there etc. ~Tyler
You might not have a problem. When I built my truck I dropped it 4 1/2 inches in front and 5 in the rear with ECE drop coils and spindles. The first set of pictures is front and rear when assembly was finished. The 'experts' here claimed I could not have used the parts I said I did because the gaps between fender arch and wheels were HUGE. The second pics are taken after 200 miles on the truck after the suspension settled in. Compare the gaps. I believe your suspension is in the same state. Drive it a bit and check it again. I don't think you have "chevy lean" with new springs. I think it just needs to settle some.
Attached Images

Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote