The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2018, 07:08 PM   #1076
mobileortho

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Finishing up my cam/vortec head swap.
Attached Images

1950 3600
3600 re-do, shortening it up

If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.
mobileortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:49 PM   #1077
MARTINSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilokc View Post
im glad to see your running an inline. those are cool.
Yeah, I am thrilled to get the 235 back in, I dig them.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:35 PM   #1078
MARTINSR

I got out there and got to the garage and welded up those odd holes on the bottom of the cab corners, WHOOOHOOOOO!

Brian

Old 06-09-2018, 02:32 AM   #1079
mdpaulson1

after a year and a half of work ( and wages) focused on my wife's car getting it back on the road after a 25 year stint in a barn, my truck got a new seat! time to put in a power rack as well.
Attached Images

mdpaulson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:29 PM   #1080
evilokc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileortho View Post
Finishing up my cam/vortec head swap.
love it dude. I`ve been a fan of tpi motors for a long time. I know they have started to go the way of the dodo but they are cool and work well. looks really good. im considering doing a vortec head/cam on mine this winter. you can get better than 50hp from the switch.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:39 AM   #1081
MARTINSR

Sorry, no photos. Just got out there and put in my "five minutes" grinding some welds smooth and removing what was left of the windlace channels, getting it a step closer to getting some primer on it.

Brian

Old 06-10-2018, 02:41 AM   #1082
evilokc

I really didn't think I was going to get any garage time today. however I was determined to do something. when I was walking past the truck coming in from a family dinner I saw my repaired fender on the ground and decided it was time. I got the fender sitting on there with most of the underside bolts in loose. im going to the hardware store tomorrow to get some matching button head bolts to use on all the visible parts. will have the fender buttoned up tomorrow. happy about that.
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2018, 09:27 AM   #1083
mobileortho

Quote:
love it dude. I`ve been a fan of tpi motors for a long time. I know they have started to go the way of the dodo but they are cool and work well. looks really good. im considering doing a vortec head/cam on mine this winter. you can get better than 50hp from the switch.
Thanks. I’ve been tinkering with several of these injection setups over the years myself. This one is bolted to a basic 260 horse crate engine I wanted to wake up a bit so the head & cam should do the trick. I’m guessing about 325hp with the swap.

1950 3600
3600 re-do, shortening it up

If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.
mobileortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:05 AM   #1084
MARTINSR

Quote:
I really didn't think I was going to get any garage time today. however I was determined to do something. when I was walking past the truck coming in from a family dinner I saw my repaired fender on the ground and decided it was time. I got the fender sitting on there with most of the underside bolts in loose. im going to the hardware store tomorrow to get some matching button head bolts to use on all the visible parts. will have the fender buttoned up tomorrow. happy about that.
It is friggin magical how much you can get done in just a few minutes every day!

Brian

Old 06-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #1085
evilokc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
It is friggin magical how much you can get done in just a few minutes every day!

Brian
sadly I don't have a lot of opportunity during the week so I try to make sure I get something done every weekend.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #1086
evilokc

[QUOTE=mobileortho;8278459]Thanks. I’ve been tinkering with several of these injection setups over the years myself. This one is bolted to a basic 260 horse crate engine I wanted to wake up a bit so the head & cam should do the trick. I’m guessing about 325hp with the swap.

mine is similar to yours but carbed. im going to do some gears , head/cam and try to get close to 375hp. its running so well that I don't want to touch it right now though. nothing major until the weather sucks again. motor wise all im going to do anytime soon is to install a larger cooling fan. its hot in Oklahoma and I have what look like a 13 inch fan. not getting hot though.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #1087
MARTINSR

Quote:
sadly I don't have a lot of opportunity during the week so I try to make sure I get something done every weekend.
I hear you, I can get out there every day thank goodness. But what you are doing is better than putting it off for the "perfect time" too, keep it up!

I got out there today and did a bunch more little things all over the cab getting it ready for some primer and weld in a few more panels. I got it out and sand blasted more, OMG that is hard work, geeez.

Brian
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2018, 07:05 PM   #1088
my56chevytruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpaulson1 View Post
after a year and a half of work ( and wages) focused on my wife's car getting it back on the road after a 25 year stint in a barn, my truck got a new seat! time to put in a power rack as well.
Very nice looking seat
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:55 PM   #1089
idbeast

I painted and installed the new frontend parts, repainted the gas tank filler c notch, and put a new bed on just for looks!!! Boy, from all the posts about trouble with the bed, this one went on in literally 2 seconds!!!
Attached Images

idbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #1090
evilokc

I didn't get to finish my fender. I really just needed 45 minutes but had things come up all day and then boom. its 10pm. oh well. I did get all of my hardware so I can get right on it next time.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:17 AM   #1091
MARTINSR

I got out there and worked my ever loving butt off sand blasting, welding up more crap found, grinding, plannishing, and came in giving up.

I then went back out there tonight after falling asleep on the couch and did a bunch more. Made all the patches and welded up my floor pan. I thought about replacing it, or making the whole thing new. I gave up thinking about it and just patched up the floor, done deal and will move onto the next thing.

Brian
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2018, 01:37 AM   #1092
MiraclePieCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbeast View Post
Boy, from all the posts about trouble with the bed, this one went on in literally 2 seconds!!!
Old 06-11-2018, 01:56 AM   #1093
MiraclePieCo

Still awaiting other mail order parts so I used my "five minutes" installing door handles and their rubber gaskets. For the first time in who knows how many years the doors open and close with the handles!
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2018, 11:16 PM   #1094
evilokc

went at my fender again. I couldn't figure out why nothing was lining up. then I noticed I had the fender on top of the core support instead of under it. moved it under the core support and things are going much better. I have a bolt in every hole and am now just trying to line everything up. it was a good 45 minutes.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:20 AM   #1095
MARTINSR

Quote:
went at my fender again. I couldn't figure out why nothing was lining up. then I noticed I had the fender on top of the core support instead of under it. moved it under the core support and things are going much better. I have a bolt in every hole and am now just trying to line everything up. it was a good 45 minutes.
Right on! I don't beat my self up when I find something like that, I am just happy I did!

I was side tracked by an old friend coming by. My oldest living car buddy, we rode our mini bikes together. Only guy I have ever been in a car with at 120+

So I figured my five minutes was gone, nope, I got there and ended up spending an hour or more. I got all the hidden areas coated with Ospho where I will be spraying some epoxy primer and getting the last few metal pieces welded in to cover it up. I made a neat sprayer out of a regular spray bottle, went to the hardware store and got a few feet of clear rubber hose that fit the sprayer head perfect. It was a piece of cake to get down in all the hard to reach places, damn I'm smart.

But I got it done, a bit of sanding and I will spray it with epoxy primer, probably Saturday morning.

Brian

Old 06-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #1096
evilokc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Right on! I don't beat my self up when I find something like that, I am just happy I did!

I was side tracked by an old friend coming by. My oldest living car buddy, we rode our mini bikes together. Only guy I have ever been in a car with at 120+

So I figured my five minutes was gone, nope, I got there and ended up spending an hour or more. I got all the hidden areas coated with Ospho where I will be spraying some epoxy primer and getting the last few metal pieces welded in to cover it up. I made a neat sprayer out of a regular spray bottle, went to the hardware store and got a few feet of clear rubber hose that fit the sprayer head perfect. It was a piece of cake to get down in all the hard to reach places, damn I'm smart.

But I got it done, a bit of sanding and I will spray it with epoxy primer, probably Saturday morning.

Brian
good work man. I didn't get anything done today. had to work late and then went to the gym.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:48 AM   #1097
MARTINSR

Quote:
good work man. I didn't get anything done today. had to work late and then went to the gym.
I don't go to the gym, I go for a fast pace walk (one mile in 14 minutes). So after I got the work done on the truck tonight I took off for a few miles.

I got out there and prepped a few things for primer. Also did a little planning and I solved a problem I had with how I was going to have the rest of it sand blasted and then prime it, can't believe how easy that was. But something got done. All the hidden spots I will be priming look damn good.

Brian

Old 06-13-2018, 03:55 AM   #1098
MiraclePieCo

Did the modification to my passenger side door striker plate (push-button doors on a pull-down handle cab), then adjusted the door. Closes and latches for the first time in decades!
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #1099
MARTINSR

Right on!

Brian

Old 06-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #1100
pvienneau

Got the wipers working. Used MMO to lube the diaphragm and after a couple days they work fine now.

1949 unmolested Indy Farm Deluxe AD
1949 Standard 4 speed http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=581544
pvienneau is offline   Reply With Quote