The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2018, 07:16 PM   #1
Eastonspeedworks

Arrow Bad deal with a board member

I hate to be "that guy" but I feel others need to know about an issue I had with a board member on here. July of last year I got a hold of "grumpy old man" via pm and discussed having him build me an interior for my 69 c10. After finalizing exactly what I wanted I sent him a deposit of 500$ via PayPal on 8/3/17. Then I sent off a dash pad, radio delete (for color sample) 2 yards of sms cloth for the inserts, a set of 292 motor mounts, and a divorced coil hei for a 292 as part of the payment as well. Now he did tell me it would take some time to put together everything. But in September the neighbors caught my shop on fire, fortunately we only suffered smoke damage but the smell was intolerable in the truck. After that I asked him about the interior and was promised color samples on Monday and some pictures of the progress. Well neither came he told me he was busy with another guys interior on here and would get on mine soon. After checking in several times I had finally had enough of the same story and asked for my parts back and my money. This was on Mar 4th. He quickly agreed to send all of my stuff back. But only sent back the fabric, radio delete, and 300 dollars after selling the seat locally and apparently waiting on refunds on stuff he ordered. Since then I have tried to call and text him several times asking about the rest of my stuff. So here I am 8 months later with a smoked put interior and out money and parts. Car show season is right around the corner and I get to live with the smell.
Attached Images