The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-11-2014, 01:38 AM   #1
1970pelle

Been gone a while, Back with a 89 short bed

I have returned to my true love, Chevy Trucks. I really missed my last truck 1986 C10 shortbed. But at the time something had to go. Well its been since 10/8/2009.

I had been driving a 97 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0L,5spd, 4X4, Soft top, Lots of simple mods done, it was a good looking mall crawler. I never had it in the dirt. And the First owner, my best friend also never had it in the dirt. He used it to haul his golf clubs. On June 10th a Idiot driving on the wrong side of the road at a high rate of speed hit us. Meaning my son and I as we where making a left hand turn on a paved county road. As I said he was driving, the Trooper figured around 70 mph in the left lane. And hit us as we where half way in to our left hand turn. Flipping us, while also spinning the Jeep and trailer I was towing 5 X 10 a full 180. Witnesses says. So totaled the Jeep and I'm back to Chevy.

I spotted this 89 chevy short bed fleet side. 5.7L, 700R4 trans that has just been rebuilt. Has receipt to show all work done just 2 weeks ago. Plus 4 new tires, most of the engine Fuel injection sensors have been replaced also.
The truck was posted on Craigslist for $2300.00 ,when I called the guy told me it was running poorly. Went down to take a look, I bought it for $1600.00 and it really ran bad, but my gut told me it was something simple.
Made it home checked this web site and guess what the issue was ???
The little hose on the fuel pump/sending unit had a spit in it. They had even replaced the fuel pump and missed that little hose being bad. Good for me.

So up to today, I ran across a really clean 2001 chevy short bed V6 and picked it up for a nice easy price. Now to decide which truck to keep.

So thanks for the Faq's threads!!!!! Ken
Attached Images

1970pelle is offline   Reply With Quote