The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
concorde

Chevy Loadmaster 1947 serial number help?

Hello and greeting from Finland.

I'm starting a restoration project of our old 1947 Chevy Loadmaster Truck. It's in fairly sad shape in the cab, but frame and engine are fixed/rebuilt some years ago.

I know the history of this truck: it came as new to Finland in 1947 and the first owner sold it so my grandfather 1950. Ever since it's been owned by our family, but it has not been in traffic for the last 30+ years and was forgotten into barn...

Now the truck arrived to my property and I could have a look into it.

I would need some confirmation on identifying what I've got. I have browsed through some VIN decoders etc., but somehow I haven't been able to get a full match.

The engine code is: EEA 344 945 and the Vin (under hood, co-driver-side) says K QWS 365

So if I have understood right, this is a (Q)1947 (WS)6400S Loadmaster with (EEA)235 cid engine. Am I right?

But this VIN starts with K instead of a number, so which plant this was assembled?

All the extra info about this will be much apprecieted
concorde is offline   Reply With Quote