The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
Texasz

Bonspeed Wheels

Just checking to see if any of you guys have had issues with this wheel company. I have several vehicles and most have aftermarket wheels and I haven't had an experience like this before. My wheels were ordered on November 14th, 2013 and I still don't have them.
Texasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
HarleyT

Re: Bonspeed Wheels

I just got my bonspeed wheels a month ago. I was quoted 9 weeks and I think it ended up taking almost 17 weeks. It didn't matter to me since I was not ready for them. I have never heard anything bad other than his delivery time.
harley
Attached Images

HarleyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
suspect

Have you called them to check in? That seems a bit long. That's a stink feeling not knowing.

Romans 10:13 Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:33 PM   #4
Rochlow

I'm just kinda blown away about how some billet wheel companies can produce a wheel in 2-3 weeks for a customer and some take months.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:56 AM   #5
Texasz

I finally got these wheels in and one of them is severely damaged and another one has some cosmetic damage on it. Of course it was caused in shipping but if you would see the way these wheels were packed then its obvious why this happened. I'll post some pictures to show damage.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
suspect

Man, that sucks bad. I feel for you. What are you going to do? Is the manufacturer or shipper going to take responsibility?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #7
Texasz

They don't even respond to my emails. This is really the worse wheel company I have ever dealt with. You would be wise to be very careful before sending these guys any money.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #8
Tinkermc

Why not call the BBB, see if they can help.
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:52 AM   #9
suspect

If I were you, I would blow up their phone and email. Email 3 times a day and call 3-4 times a day. The screeching wheel gets greased.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #10
mgkgmc

They have a Facebook page try reaching them on there. You can also put in a claim through the shipper they might reimburse you.
1989 Swb Silverado
1972 Aj's Stormer
mgkgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:08 AM   #11
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

Sometimes companies dont always read emails if they are busy. Have you been able to contact them on the phone??
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #12
YBNORML

If they continue to be non-responsive, use social media to your advantage. Since they have a FB page post your experience on it, same with twitter or any of the other communities. Be honest and sincere, not malicious and petty. Just explain everything in great detail. In today's world that kind of bad press spreads very quickly, I'll bet you get a response very quickly. I've had some friends do just this with a few big name companies and it always gets results.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #13
67 cst swb

My .02 cents here...
As far as your wait time... what you are dealing with (in my opinion) is all about supply and demand. Everybody wants these brand wheels right now, so demand is high and they can only produce so many per day/week/month/etc...
I would attempt calling them... state your issue, ask them what needs to be done to remedy the situation. I know from experience, the busier I am, the less emails I get to open and reply to. Call them...

As far as the damage... this is a shipping issue, unless they were damaged by Bonspeed before being boxed and shipped, this was caused by UPS/FedEx/whoever... So your issue needs to be addressed with them. Unfortunately, its been awhile since you received the wheels, your timeframe for a shipping damage complaint may have expired.

I deal with this stuff alot in my business. Ask yourself this... where did the damage happen? that is who you should direct your questions to.

Again... just my opinion.
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB originally a 327 TH400 3.73 Posi AC PS PB, had Buddy Buckets, Small Window - parts truck
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB, 283 MT 3.73 had Buddy Buckets, Panoramic Window - parts truck
2001 Chevrolet 3500 2WD Crew Cab Dually 8.1L Allison White
2002 Chevrolet 1500HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.0L 4L80E Red

Last edited by 67 cst swb; 04-16-2014 at 11:20 AM.
67 cst swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #14
fast&low

Why not just call them?
fast&low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #15
NuttinSpecial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasz View Post
They don't even respond to my emails. This is really the worse wheel company I have ever dealt with. You would be wise to be very careful before sending these guys any money.
Off topic but If you don't mind sharing what size wheels did you get and what did you pay?

Spending $ I Dont Have,
On Things That I Dont Need,
To Impress People I Dont Know,
It's The Truth.
NuttinSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:23 PM   #16
bonspeedbrad

I just saw this post and what the customer did not mention was we had sent him a test fit wheel to use in the set-up of his truck. This was for him to use while we built the wheels. Due to a mix up we put the wheels on hold pending a backspace fitment.

Normally, we only send the actual wheel ordered, but he asked for a favor and we sent a wheel to use. Then we were blamed for holding up his order? No good deed goes unpunished!

As far as UPS damage all wheel co's are having an issue and he says we packaged them badly, well same package that three other billet co's use and is UPS approved.

TECH/ORDER LINE: 714.666.1999
bonspeedbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #17
YBNORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonspeedbrad View Post
I just saw this post and what the customer did not mention was we had sent him a test fit wheel to use in the set-up of his truck. This was for him to use while we built the wheels. Due to a mix up we put the wheels on hold pending a backspace fitment.

Normally, we only send the actual wheel ordered, but he asked for a favor and we sent a wheel to use. Then we were blamed for holding up his order? No good deed goes unpunished!

As far as UPS damage all wheel co's are having an issue and he says we packaged them badly, well same package that three other billet co's use and is UPS approved.

Interesting. Just goes to show that there are always to sides to every story. I hope guys get everything sorted out.
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:05 PM   #18
bonspeedbrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
Interesting. Just goes to show that there are always to sides to every story. I hope guys get everything sorted out.
Yes, there is always two sides...and we understand that all of our customers are spending big bucks and at times things get frustrating. Especially when they wait for wheels and UPS screws them up!

All was made good as we re-hooped them for the customer and long ago made all good. We thank all of our bonspeed Wheels customers for the support!
Old 08-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #19
nibs
JRods Garage

Yea, I would recommend calling... I tried emailing a wheel company basically throwing my money at them, but they had nothing to do with me until I called them out on a VW forum and facebook. Its a pain in the ass! Good luck bud!
Old 08-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #20
bonspeedbrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibs View Post
Yea, I would recommend calling... I tried emailing a wheel company basically throwing my money at them, but they had nothing to do with me until I called them out on a VW forum and facebook. Its a pain in the ass! Good luck bud!
Guess you didn't read the post before you responded? The customer was responded to and the issue resolved.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #21
nibs
JRods Garage

Yea, my bad! I actually really like your guys' customer service when you helped me with pricing and configuration for some wheels. I was just chiming in about another company that I had a hard time with! I had no intentions of talking bad about you guys.

Glad to see you came out ahead bonspeed!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #22
Texasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonspeedbrad View Post

I'm gonna let this go since I have my wheels now but we both know this is not entirely true and the wait time was very excessive which was not due to a "good deed". I chose your company over a lot of other options and was told 8 weeks from time of order and it was more than double this and the packing was not very good, UPS approved or not. I get wheels delivered on a regular basis for my cars and these were not close to what I'm use to receiving.

I have my wheels now and I'm not wanting to make this an issue. Just interested in others experiences.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:52 PM   #23
1969 Project

I know this is an old thread but to make a long story short if you're thinking of ordering some bonspeed wheels you might want to think twice about it. I have been waiting since August with an 8-9 week delivery time and I still don't have my wheels. I expect better service than what i have been getting fir the amount of money I have spent.
1969 Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:23 PM   #24
CheyenneSuper72

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh....php?t=2357762

Doesn’t look like you are the only one with this problem......
CheyenneSuper72 is offline   Reply With Quote