The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2018, 12:08 PM   #30
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Out of the Ditch = The Rebuild Begins ('72 GMC)

I had recently installed CPP 4" HD rear drop springs to replace the standard CPP 4" drop springs. While I was in there I installed the CPP rear shock relocation brackets too. Now the truck can be used as a truck again, and still have a lowered stance. The HD drop springs make a HUGE difference over the standard drop springs as far as hauling and towing capability. The new shock brackets gave me over an inch more of shock travel as well. Complete difference!

It was a gorgeous day here in the PNW this past Monday. It was my day off and I was headed over to my stepson's place to assist him with his "1970 C20 conversion to C10 project". So I stopped out by our mailbox on the backroad we live on, and snapped a couple of pics. Still no hood on the heap yet... which makes it look kinda mean when ya see it.

Pics are of the new HD springs, Shock relocation brackets... and of course the heap...

Gary
Attached Images

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote