The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
lil_jerry01

"Black Widow" 69 LWB

Hey guys. I have been on here for a while creepin but thought i would share with ya. i have been in Iraq for a while and i am still not home but i did buy a 69 C10 LWB with a 396ci and TH400. Im not sure what the rear is yet. I only saw the pickup when i took leave. The floor on the driver's side isnt too bad but that and the passenger side need to be replaced. other than that the body looks to be in pretty good shape. i bought it as you see it in the pictures and i have only filled the stake pockets so far. I did order a rear roll pan and got it fitted and mocked up but didn't tack it on before i had to come back to this hell hole. Should be a slow build but im ready to get to it. I'll try to get some pictures up on here. This is my first time trying to figure this out so wish me luck. lol
Attached Images

lil_jerry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
dmack91

Re: "Black Widow" 69 LWB

Looks like a good starting point. Enjoy the journey.
dmack91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmack91 View Post
Looks like a good starting point. Enjoy the journey.
and thanks for your service!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
lil_jerry01

Thanks guys. Im planning a vintage AC, and probably an air ride. Not too sure which one yet. The one i am looking at isnt too pricey but still out of the budget as of now. The interior is going to be the hard part. I have some captain's chairs that i stole out of an old Ford Aerostar that we had but im not sure im going to use them. I want to do the interior with black leather and accent it with some diamond plate. I have not decided if i want to look for a 700R4 or just keep the TH400. The project is called Black Widow because i am planning on painting it black with some red accent. Who would you recomend for a good rendering? The first step i think is going to be tear down and engine rebuild. The 396 sounds and looks clean but i am thinking about getting a manifold and new carb. The fiance and i are getting married in Oct and then moving so it will be hard to tear down too much before the move. Does anyone know how the LMC tailgate cover works/looks when installed. Does it cover the whole tailgate or just the recessed part?
lil_jerry01 is offline   Reply With Quote