The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
country_boy_112688

Question Need some help/ideas with TRASHED leaf springs

OK so here is the problem, i have recently bought a 1976 1/2 ton SWB fleet side. And today i decided to remove the whole body of the truck and start building it from the rubbers up. So i have the body of the truck off now and im starting to look the truck over and inspect the damage the previous owners may have done, and to me it all seems quite solid except for the leaf springs, that have broken leafs and a s shape to the longest leaf. O and the springs are a 44 inch, 7 leaf pack. And the way i measured them was from the center of each eyelet to the center bolt following the radius of the spring. correct me if im wrong.

But now the question im wanting to lower the truck but i have no clue about lowering a truck, just lifting one. Now im not looking for super low just something that looks good and that can still drive over the hills of Missouri. so i need some ideas on how a drop is done properly and maybe some distributors that make kits, and what to look for while doing a drop.

Thanks guys and gals any info will be appreciated.
country_boy_112688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
royo

Re: Need some help/ideas with TRASHED leaf springs

The only thing i can think for you to do is replace the old springs? We have a vender section here.You can find replacements there ECE CPP. I,m sure there is some others .