The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2023, 09:35 AM   #26
Yamariv

Re: Ever been tempted to save a truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC View Post
If I can't get a title, I'm going to put my GMC on this chassis and use the longhorn bed.
Can't wait, please keep us posted!!

Upgrades: Power Steering
3 Core Radiator
7 Hole Gauge Cluster
Power Brakes (Incoming!!..)
1971 350 (Incoming!!..)
Yamariv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 01:24 PM   #27
70c10-08

Cool Re: Ever been tempted to save a truck?

Why yes, I have years ago at junkyard that I used to frequently go to located near the college I attended back around 10 12 years ago in a secluded place of the yard they had what was left of a very base model 67 shorty. That had an inline 6 from probably a 63 in it and, it came out of the factory with a driver side sun visor but no passenger sun visor as well as a service body. But, being a typical Nebraska truck it needed pretty much one of everything. The frame was salvageable the bed was salvageable except the latches were not on some of the doors and the company has long since closed up shop but, for the bed everything was still there. The glove box was not there and he only wanted 650 for it I didn't have the room I still don't but I should have brought it home and I don't know if it's even there anymore.
Attached Images

70c10-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 02:09 PM   #28
Yamariv

Re: Ever been tempted to save a truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70c10-08 View Post
Why yes, I have years ago at junkyard that I used to frequently go to located near the college I attended back around 10 12 years ago in a secluded place of the yard they had what was left of a very base model 67 shorty. That had an inline 6 from probably a 63 in it and, it came out of the factory with a driver side sun visor but no passenger sun visor as well as a service body. But, being a typical Nebraska truck it needed pretty much one of everything. The frame was salvageable the bed was salvageable except the latches were not on some of the doors and the company has long since closed up shop but, for the bed everything was still there. The glove box was not there and he only wanted 650 for it I didn't have the room I still don't but I should have brought it home and I don't know if it's even there anymore.
Such a cool truck!! You should go see if it's still there

Upgrades: Power Steering
3 Core Radiator
7 Hole Gauge Cluster
Power Brakes (Incoming!!..)
1971 350 (Incoming!!..)
Yamariv is offline   Reply With Quote