The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

sharing this site to poeple on facebook

I have not been able to share links to threads on this site to people or on pages on facebook.

I took a pic of the "lock" when I am on this site, other sites that I am on do not have that red line through the lock, and say "verified by digicert inc" is it something with me and my computer, or is it something with your site?

This is a recent development, I used to be able to share links all the time.

thanks
Attached Images

jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:37 PM   #2
mrtoni

Re: sharing this site to poeple on facebook

I think Facebook is having issues. I’ve heard several similar complaints. I couldn’t share a link from this site either. Normally no problem.
mrtoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #3
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

I shared a link inside a FB group to the main website for a guy looking for parts and I got a message from FB that my link was removed because it was reported as spam.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:37 PM   #4
The Rocknrod

About two threads below yours is:
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=799462
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:22 PM   #5
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
I don't know how FB works but my guess would be that a disgruntled former member from here or the FB site is trying to create as much grief for this site and the FB site as possible.... Dunno'

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:54 PM   #6
The Rocknrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
I don't know how FB works but my guess would be that a disgruntled former member from here or the FB site is trying to create as much grief for this site and the FB site as possible.... Dunno'

LockDoc
Ya they have a bunch of ne'er-do-wells there.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:09 PM   #7
shifty
Questionable

Um, you are linking to
http://67-72chevytrucks.com

You need to be linking to
httpS://67-72chevytrucks.com

The "S" is really important in the URL will load the secure version of the website that all browsers and many platforms expect.

If you have the website bookmarked as the 1st link w/o the S, update your bookmarks to the one with the S in it.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:09 PM   #8
shifty
Questionable

PS - you need to update all the links in your signature to use "HTTPS" also.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:38 AM   #9
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
Um, you are linking to
http://67-72chevytrucks.com

You need to be linking to
httpS://67-72chevytrucks.com

The "S" is really important in the URL will load the secure version of the website that all browsers and many platforms expect.

If you have the website bookmarked as the 1st link w/o the S, update your bookmarks to the one with the S in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
PS - you need to update all the links in your signature to use "HTTPS" also.
thanks, that worked...almost, fb must be pissed at this forum, because it still wouldnt let me link to this site, but that did fix the security problem I was wondering about!
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 06:40 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

This site blows away all the other truck groups combined. Facebook just can't make what we have going on here happen over there. Just my own thought, but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't have something to do with it. FB is definitely a controlling and manipulative entity primarily interested in it's own financial gain. We are the social part of that "media", they are a multimillion dollar business

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-

LockDoc
Yep and no resolution yet as well. This is why people flock from FB to other social media platforms. Hate it but we are trying
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:54 AM   #12
davischevy

Because of bogus information on FB, I have tried to direct people here for the correct answer. It has been frustrating to know the info they need is here, and I can't get them to it. I have tried everything, but if I mention this address I'm blocked.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:53 PM   #13
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

we know, and cant do anything more than keep trying to appeal. Many (sites) people have no luck getting unblocked. I have been researching it and its seriously annoying.

When you try to post the link it gives you a thing to click that says something along the line of

if you think this is in error. I have been clicking that and stating it is not spam but a legitimate site that has been in good standing over 20 years , or similar. I don't know that it will help but figure it cant hurt
Old 01-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #14
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Name:  IMG_20200124_115646.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  38.5 KB

sorry about the crappy picture, but its a phone taking a pic of an old desktop.. best i can do

Name:  IMG_20200124_115703.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  39.9 KB
Old 01-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #15
shifty
Questionable

Wow, that's lame.

Funny, those a-holes at Facebook will let the Russians and Chinese troll people all day long using their Facebook bot farms to re-share baseless and categorically false info. Add in that Facebook has recently and very openly stated they refuse to fact-check any paid political ads, yet they'll block this truck forum as violating their community standards.

What a pile of garbage that platform is. It's served to tear my family apart for anyone that's on it, and it's done similar in my community. Family members that 20 year ago would've openly talked politics with each other despite not being on the same side of the political spectrum don't talk at all - now they each other because of the hateful political garbage that gets tossed around and shared over there, half of it isn't true, it's just manufactured to pit people against each other and bash what one another believes in, which isn't what this country (or most of our families and teachings) is about.

My wife deleted her Facebook account early last year and hasn't looked back, she's much happier. I never signed up, initially for employment reasons, I work for a company that is heavily involved in intenet security, Facebook is one of many platforms they monitor for state-sponsored attacks and disinformation campaigns. If people realized who created most of those political attack ads and "forwards from grandma" type crap they re-share, they'd crap their pants.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:43 PM   #16
kingsolver72
10/30/19

I’ve never sign up for Facebook. My wife has FB and rarely looks at it anymore. I knew for the most part that the folks that sign up are revenue for the site. It plays on people’s ego,thus “facebook”.
I could care less if it is up and running or if it shut down today but, so far it’s a right that’s afforded them.
It’s like the “News” it just a political branch of a certain party. I think the news outlets are much more divisive than Facebook.So if you don’t like it, turn it off.
There are many things that split family and friends and those things have always been around.
Although in these times it seems like that which divides has increased exponentially.
Brother against brother,earthquakes wars and rumor of wars.

In my estimation this place is king of the mountain when it comes to the internet.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:43 PM   #17
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
It’s like the “News” it just a political branch of a certain party. I think the news outlets are much more divisive than Facebook.So if you don’t like it, turn it off.
Not "news", it's "cable news" you're describing.

Cable news specifically has incentive in getting you to subscribe. When your eyes are glued to their stream it's a revenue generator for them. Prior to cable news' existence, there was no push for profit from national non-cable news outlets. There was never a push to sway people to watch, they just reported what happened for an hour or two and there was *actual* journalistic integrity in most cases. Partisanship was relatively low compared to what we see today.

Up until cable news arrived on the scene a couple decades ago, we didn't struggle with this extreme degree of dvision. When the 24-hour news cycle started, politicians quickly realized it was not in their best interest to be seen doing what we've done as a nation throughout its existence: Reach across the aisle. Need proof? Watch the divide that starts in the early-mid 80s, just after cable news launched. No such thing as coincidences, and that's not one.

Cable news runs 24-7. Every minute you'r not inspired to watch is a minute they're not generating revenue through handing out advertisements. A scheme to sway your opinion in a way that's profitable for the holding company's interests. They force you to cave-in and take a side by tailoring what you get to see as "news" and force you to believe all other outlets are lying so you won't "defect" and take your money-making eyes elsewhere. The "fake news" branding is just one of many tactics used to secure your loyalty to their outlet only, which sadly is being caned by the highest positions of our government now, because even they understand how critical it is to them that you're only tuned into the station sharing the side they need you to believe. Your opinion is their ticket to stay in power.

When Ted Turner came on the scene with CNN in the early 80s it left a huge void on the right for Rupert Murdoch to fill with his news empire, and both guys have turned their respective networks into a money-making empire which only survives if you buy in and subscribe. Other non-cable networks quickly realized they needed to hop into the game and get a piece too, MSNBC etc. We still have a couple of non-cable news outlets left who aren't playing the division game, and they're the same national outlets that've been around for 60+ years. Right now even local outlets are being snatched up by partisan media companies in an effort to control national narratives through the local news, just to cover all the bases. Excellent example here.

But Facebook, isn't dumb: They know there's value in getting people to subscribe and riling up the masses, and part of that is feeding and promoting one-sided news and misinformation.

Getting people riled up is the best way to make them pick a side. It's how you get people who wouldn't otherwise be interested on-board with your agenda. And billions of suckers worldwide fall for it day-in and day-out, especially on Facebook. It's why they refuse to fact-check political ads ... for every minute you're on the Facebook platform sharing inflammatory posts, they're in power, making money simultaneously. It's in their best interest to keep it that way.

It's all nonsense. And it's been so effective here at home that now large nations like China and Russia are hopping onboard, buying resources in the media outlets and social media conglomerates. Facebook doesn't care who gives them money, it's been proven repeatedly during the last decade. They just want to stay in power.

It's sad it's come to this.

But still, the thing I find the most stupid out of all of it, is you take a forum like this, which is a GOOD corner of the internet where we understand each of us has a differing opinion - sometimes radically different - and you're not at each others throat, yet Facebook wants to say this forum is bad?

It's the end of the end, y'all. The kettle is officially calling the saucer a teapot.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:21 PM   #18
kingsolver72
10/30/19

I would disagree in a respectful manner. It’s not just cable news, although I didn’t mention the papers which by the way I think the televised news gets their marching orders from so to speak. They do not print the “news” from a neutral position.
Prior to cable news the big 3 went unchecked. A “Respected” news show rig a square body truck to explode. They would’ve got away with that in the 70s.
I listen to a lot of radio and I see the same thing.
When I think of “news organizations” I think slight of hand/smoke and mirrors. They definitely have an agenda.
I honesty didn’t read your links,nothing personal. I do plenty of reading.
You and I are probably 180 degrees out of phase with each other but I’m ok with that and have no animosity.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:30 PM   #19
CG
BlahBlahBlah

When I was a kid (born in 59) I used to think Huntly and Brinkly, Walter Cronkite, Roger Mudd, all the guys from that era were unflappable journalists. Didn't matter who or what the news was they would give it to you straight up.

I don't remember where I saw it but there was a show that was talking about todays bias in the news media (all media for that matter) and they were talking about how people that thought it didn't used to be like that in the "good old days". They showed a bunch of old broadcasts and compared them to the actual truths and situations, and it really wasn't a whole lot different back then as it is today. We just have more of it today.

Kingsolver Im with you 100 percent.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:02 PM   #20
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
I honesty didn’t read your links,nothing personal. I do plenty of reading.
Nothing to read. Links to two short 90-second YouTube videos, neither with a concrete agenda, just showing two trends. The first one is from Business Insider. The other is a collection of short snippets from local news.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:18 AM   #21
special-K
Special Order

TV is an avenue for public manipulation. From advertising, to news, to many TV shows, they know well and good the position of power they are in and use TV for their purposes. You can watch TV without being brainwashed if you are aware of this and can watch it with a step back and observe objectively point of view. Take it all with a grain of salt, as I always put it. "C'mon, hop on our band wagon, drink the Kool-Aid. Everybody else is.

The methodology Hitler used to manipulate the proud historically German public into backing a government that served to shame them to the world has been studied expensively and implicated by many an entity since.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:24 AM   #22
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Sometimes the news can do damage to a business when they get their facts wrong.
“Don’t drink the kool aid” is a good example. The cyanide drink was Flavor Aid according to an article I read in Forbes.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:01 AM   #23
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The methodology Hitler used to manipulate the proud historically German public into backing a government that served to shame them to the world has been studied expensively and implicated by many an entity since.
Exactly, although I think you mean implemented vs. implicated.

It's not rocket science, I'd liken it it to automotive paint or epoxy, a 2-part system. You just need the right mixture of both things before it firms up.

First you need to rally your people around a common message and common enemy (ex: scapegoat), then you need to inject hardcore pride (ex: nationalism). Scapegoats can be anyone "inferior" or "threatening", who appear different, are genetically different, have different beliefs, or come from different places in the world (ex: immigrants).

When you successfully mix those two things together, you can get people to solidify and do anything you want regardless whether it violates their normal beliefs and morals.

This is why historians and a lot of politicians get nervous with certain slogans and actions out of our country's leadership that are nationalistic in nature: The vessel for message delivery is already nicely established and is virtually impossible to escape: Digital billboards. Cable news. Satellite and AM radio. Social media like Facebook. You're hammered by messaging 24/7, even when you think you're "having fun" or "connecting with friends and family".

It's all a ticking timebomb, I just hope our country isn't the next one to get there. We have several other countries trying to make sure it is us.. I just don't do social media anymore and I'm so much happier, and no less "connected" than I was before, if anything I've removed a few polluted streams from my mental pastures.

I get a chuckle out of threads like this pointing out how Facebook is blocking this or that ... I'm not surprised. They control what their users are allowed to see and hear, and clearly it's without any reason or logic in the case of blocking this forum.

Quote:
Sometimes the news can do damage to a business when they get their facts wrong.
Totally agree, businesses and people. Sometimes human lives are lost,

The crappy part is, trying to rebuild after something like that can be difficult or impossible depending on what it was, and it seems like nobody ever takes accountability unless you have the money and time to fight in court, which "normal" folks usually don't.

Look at businesses under "PizzaGate" and "CakeGate" controversies. I think Comet Ping Pong managed to recover after PizzaGate, but I hear two of the bakeries locked up in CakeGate couldn't recover and closed their doors. Who pays for that, ultimately? And Comet was attacked again 12 months ago, so they're still struggling with the situation.

Old 01-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #24
cornerstone

How can anyone claim to be a "journalist" when your told what to say?

I think it would be telling if a study were done asking each demographic to order a given list of professions. On the top would be the most disliked, least respected and trusted, and as the list goes down they become more tolerable.

The list:

Journalist/ Reporter
Lawyer
Used Car Salesperson
Lobbyist
Member of Congress (pick your side)
Law Enforcement Officer
C.E.O.
College Professor
Mechanics
Clergy
Chiropractor

My list would be ordered like this:

Members of Congress
Journalist/ Reporter
College Professor
Lobbyist
Lawyer
Used Car Salesperson
Mechanic
C.E.O.
Clergy
Chiropractor
Law Enforcement Officer

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:36 PM   #25
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
How can anyone claim to be a "journalist" when your told what to say?

I think it would be telling if a study were done asking each demographic to order a given list of professions. On the top would be the most disliked, least respected and trusted, and as the list goes down they become more tolerable.

The list:

Journalist/ Reporter
Lawyer
Used Car Salesperson
Lobbyist
Member of Congress (pick your side)
Law Enforcement Officer
C.E.O.
College Professor
Mechanics
Clergy
Chiropractor

My list would be ordered like this:

Members of Congress
Journalist/ Reporter
College Professor
Lobbyist
Lawyer
Used Car Salesperson
Mechanic
C.E.O.
Clergy
Chiropractor
Law Enforcement Officer
I know in the past that carpet layers had a stigma/stereotype of being bulls in a china shop and most construction workers as dysfunctional alcoholics. Not sure if that is still a perception.