The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
WoodTruck

1984 k20 A/C Help.

Hey guys. I got this truck back in February and decided to try my hand at making it blow cold. It had absolutely zero pressure on the system and I even found some hand tight connections. I removed the compressor and hoses, opened up every connection. Flushed the evaporator and condenser with a can of flush in each. Blew out with compressed air. Replaced all O rings, accumulator, orifice tube, hoses, and a brand new 4 seasons compressor. Also swapped out the cycle switch for a 134a rated one. I pulled a vacuum in the system for over an hour. It held 29 inches for 24 hours. Charged it up with 3 12oz cans of Freon.
I’m currently sitting at 60 degrees coming out of the vent. My accumulator is sweating. Condensation is dripping from my truck. When i put it on max AC it blows for a second, I hear a door flip open and the air out of my vents sounds “harder” and it starts getting colder. When I turn it off I can hear a spring returning a door. My hot and cold lever seems to work well as well.

I was just wondering if anybody had any experience, thoughts, or input to try and get me closer to the 30 degree range.

Thanks,
Ryan
WoodTruck is offline   Reply With Quote