The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2017, 06:53 PM   #1
Aptosdude

Looking to Buy K10

Hey folks, I recently became interested in the Action Line trucks (can't understand why I never paid much attention to them before :-) ), and am starting to look for a nice example of a C/K-10 truck to purchase. I joined this forum a few days ago, and have been reading up on various topics about them; Wikipedia has also been quite helpful.

I also came across a number of trucks for sale, and was wondering if some of you may give me your opinions of them... whether they're worth the asking price:

Here's a restored '71 C10 from eBay ($23,900 Buy Now):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Chevrol...-/322468268464

and a restored '72 K10 from Classic 4x4 Market ($28,000 Buy Now):
http://classic4x4market.com/Listing/Details/166788

Thanks in advance for your comments/thoughts.
Aptosdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #2
rharris

Re: Looking to Buy K10

I personally like the K over the C. I don't care for shifters being relocated to the floor like the c has. Both look like sound builds. It all depends on what you are looking for. My suggestion would be to decide if you want 67/68, 69/70, or 71/72 style and if you want C or K, swb, or lwb. Shortys are much saltier than the longs. Once you determine what youre after, start hunting. Every once in a while you will find a steal. Otherwise, as you notice they are bringing top dollar. There is a ton of info on here to help you decide what you're after. Good luck on the search.
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
jocko

the 72 K is a better deal imo. The C10 is overpriced for a Custom trim level (bottom) - no a/c, etc. The 72 K is less than half the price, a little more in the ball park for a Custom only, and, well, it's a K, so chicks will dig it.

EDIT: Oops! I realize I just saw the current bid... The BIN on the K10 is even higher than the C10. Personally, I'd pass on both. Those are in fully restored Cheyenne Super territory price-wise, not Custom/10 level.
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:30 PM   #4
Aptosdude

Thanks for both of your replies. I'm still trying to get a sense of what is too pricey, and what is not. I don't quite have a budget of $28K for a truck, more like $20K.

Chicks dig K's? Why's that? My plan is to do some towing with the truck (in style!); I'm not sure if a K (4x4) would simply be more weight to lug around over a 2WD.

I also see a K20 Suburban on there, which would be an awesome tow rig, but BIN price is even higher, at $32K. It's going to be a long search, looks like:
http://classic4x4market.com/Listing/...y-K20-Suburban
Old 04-07-2017, 12:42 AM   #5
El Dorado Jim

look at the "post your craigslist finds" in the same section we are in,alot of nice rigs come up on there all the time....usually alot cheaper than the ones you posted http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=693849
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #6
52napco

If towing is in your plans a K20 is the best option IMO. If you are patient they are out
there and you can buy a pretty nice one for 20k. I am a little prejudice too.bought this 100%
Rust free truck in California for 10k and spent another 8k on paint,hubcaps, lift etc.
They are out there.
Attached Images

52napco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:27 AM   #7
Aptosdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52napco View Post
If towing is in your plans a K20 is the best option IMO. If you are patient they are out
there and you can buy a pretty nice one for 20k. I am a little prejudice too.bought this 100%
Rust free truck in California for 10k and spent another 8k on paint,hubcaps, lift etc.
They are out there.
That's a looker!

Thanks for all of your comments.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #8
El Dorado Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptosdude View Post
Thanks for both of your replies. I'm still trying to get a sense of what is too pricey, and what is not. I don't quite have a budget of $28K for a truck, more like $20K.

Chicks dig K's? Why's that? My plan is to do some towing with the truck (in style!); I'm not sure if a K (4x4) would simply be more weight to lug around over a 2WD.

I also see a K20 Suburban on there, which would be an awesome tow rig, but BIN price is even higher, at $32K. It's going to be a long search, looks like:
I only have 4 wheel drive trucks,I love the looks and functionality of them, I have never been stuck anywhere,except high-centered once had to get pushed off a rock...way back in the 70's...I bought my first 4x4 in 1977 and havent owned another two wheel drive since except for a toyota commuter pickup...if you plan on driving off the paved roads at all or driving in snow get a 4x4..and if you are going to do much towing of heavy trailers,get a 3/4 ton...now automatic or manual is a personal choice, I prefer manual, my wife and one son have turbo 400 automatics in theirs..my other son is like me and prefers manual.....if you get a 71 or 72 you will get front disc brakes
Old 04-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #9
El Dorado Jim

Quote:
They are out there.
I have seen your truck in other posts, it is a beauty, the same colors as mine, hope to get mine painted this year, I just put a new engine in it, runs great,now the trans is popping out of third gear, ordered parts to fix that, then will be looking for someplace that won't cost me an arm and a leg to paint it...
Old 04-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #10
rharris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptosdude View Post

The Ochre longbox 2wd truck was mostly original body, with a repaint and GM performance 350. I got 14K for it. I could've probably got a little more. The blue short 4x4 was completely redone - nothing perfect but new box, doors, etc with a brand new 454 with 2300 miles. That brought me 25K - I could have sold it 5 different times at that price.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2017, 06:50 PM   #11
rharris

And this one is 72 swb 2wd true super with 36000 miles. Two older fellas had it. Had offer of 19k - wasn't ready to part with it yet. Once I find my 4x4 LWB 1971 Ochre, it's gone!

Youre probably learning that one redone can bring as much as one that is fairly stock in beautiful shape. Matching numbers and such don't seem to be as important as in a Camaro or chevelle. That's my opinion. Also, one that looks like it needs a fair amount of work may bring 10-12K. All of mine were probably too nice for me. I want a decent driver that looks good but wont crush me if I see a new scratch.
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2017, 11:52 PM   #12
davischevy

Quote:
They are out there.
Where was your truck built? What mirrors did it leave the factory with?

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:01 AM   #13
SoCoC10

You should just do a Craigslist search in the Reno Nevada, Northern California, Oregon,Utah and Washington areas. A quick search I found a beautiful medium blue and white Cheyenne 4X4 for $22k and couple solid Cheyenne 4X4s in Utah. Good luck!
SoCoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote