The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
elks

XM radio options?

So I have a new truck. It has Xm radio and truth be told I love the damn thing for my $12/month subscription. In the past I have seen some radios that look factory, fit the existing holes but have blue tooth and USB ports for the radio.

Does anyone know of a XM radio equipped classic radio? Or of another way to receive XM radio to such a style? I am getting ready to tackle the cab interior and a new radio for tunes is top of list.

Thanks a ton.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:14 PM   #2
Ctimrun

Re: XM radio options?

Check out (Google) "retro sound", kind of pricy but they have a few good options. There is also someone you can send your stock radio to and they will update it with features you choose such as sattelite, MP3, aux input, USB, etc. seems like all the options get a little pricey but worth it to keep the factory look IMO. Don't remember the name but I'm sure someone else will chime in with it.
Ctimrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #3
hdff

do you have a stock am radio? if so send it to www.garytayman.com he takes your stock radio and puts new guts in it. am/fm, Bluetooth, connections for flash cards/thumb drives. the best of both worlds looks 100% stock original but has al the modern stuff in it. I haven't installed mine, just got it last week so I can't review it but others have with good reviews... check out the web site
Attached Images

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...
There's someone in my head........But it's not me......

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394

Last edited by hdff; 03-01-2017 at 04:53 PM.
hdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:27 PM   #4
elks

Thanks. Sadly I do not have the original radio at all. At some point my grand father replaced it with an aftermarket one, luckily it was back when they still match the factory holes.

Thank for the replies.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #5
Orange67

A few years ago my wife bought me a Sirius/xm set up for my 2005 GTO. It plugged into the aux port on the factory stereo. The screen was about 1 1/2 inches tall by 4 inches wide, if I remember correctly. It was an actual Sirius/xm brand too. Hope that helps.

'67 C20 CST Custom Camper
'04.5 LLY Duramax CCSB...sold
Orange67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:40 PM   #6
RUN GMC

I had a fm frequency style xm radio that broad casted to factory radio in my 86 Regal and in my 87 GMC i installed a satellite capable radio from Alpine.....but if found an retro radio with bluetooth capabilities you could play the sirius/xm app on your phone to your radio thru bluetooth......my 98 GMC has an xm module in the dash that plugs into the radio to provide satellite channels on my older style Alpine.....
RUN GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #7
hdff

Thumbs up Re: XM radio options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elks View Post
Thanks. Sadly I do not have the original radio at all. At some point my grand father replaced it with an aftermarket one, luckily it was back when they still match the factory holes.

Thank for the replies.
they come up for sale here and on the auction site if you're interested in the factory look...

2 thumbs up to your grandpa for not cutting the dash!!!

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...
There's someone in my head........But it's not me......

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
hdff is offline   Reply With Quote