The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2017, 04:51 AM   #1
tristan

Blazer Shout-Out in Hagerty Magazine

I got my new Hagerty mag yesterday and the cover story is their 2018 "Bull Market List" with their top 9 picks for market appreciation for next year. The 1969-72 Blazer is one of them. There is a full page article that discusses our vehicles, value estimates, etc. There is a nice ochre example pictured. Let's hope Jimmys are along for the ride.
tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:06 AM   #2
flashed

Re: Blazer Shout-Out in Hagerty Magazine

I saw that ans wish they had waited a while ,Im still chasing an original Blazer .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #3
Asphalt

I don't understand. What makes an article regarding speculated values a"shoot-out"?
Asphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #4
hemi43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt View Post
I don't understand. What makes an article regarding speculated values a"shoot-out"?
"Shout-out", not "Shoot-out" !!
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:46 PM   #5
Asphalt

Got it! I either need a larger phone or need to start carrying my reading glasses.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #6
Asphalt

I feel that that implying the K5 values are being swept along in the Broncos wake is a bit unfair.

It's a completely different animal. It's larger, has modern comforts such as interior, storage space, power steering and brakes and even AC. And in most cases faster.

So many buyers opt for a Bronco, or Scout, or Land Rover, or Cruiser only to find that they are loud, uncomfortable, too slow for most modern traffic, lack the brakes required for modern conditions, and utterly difficult to integrate into their modern lifestyle. They become solely weekend short jaunt toys and rarely functional for weekend family trips, or the occasional drive to the office.

The Blazer is the classic that addresses all of these issues. In my opinion they should be leading the segment.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #7
simicrintz

Quote:
I feel that that implying the K5 values are being swept along in the Broncos wake is a bit unfair.

It's a completely different animal. It's larger, has modern comforts such as interior, storage space, power steering and brakes and even AC. And in most cases faster.

So many buyers opt for a Bronco, or Scout, or Land Rover, or Cruiser only to find that they are loud, uncomfortable, too slow for most modern traffic, lack the brakes required for modern conditions, and utterly difficult to integrate into their modern lifestyle. They become solely weekend short jaunt toys and rarely functional for weekend family trips, or the occasional drive to the office.

The Blazer is the classic that addresses all of these issues. In my opinion they should be leading the segment.
Admittedly I am new to the Blazer family, but I have had my '68 Jeepster for about 35 years now. In the last couple of weeks I have driven both vehicles to my office (about 12 miles away) and around town to run errands (I drove the Blazer back to San Diego from Arizona-about 500 miles-when I first got it and I did about the same mileage in the Jeepster in Moab in April). Neither vehicle is my all around favorite and I like them both for different reasons. The one thing that I do like about the Blazer is that everything is available for them (and nothing is available for the Jeepster)! Jeepsters are still not worth anything either if someone is looking for another project!
Old 12-14-2017, 06:51 AM   #8
tristan

Quote:

I've had my Jimmy for 4 years and have shared your opinion from the beginning. I believe that K5s will someday overtake B*****s in value and am investing in the restoration of my truck accordingly.
tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #9
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan View Post
I've had my Jimmy for 4 years and have shared your opinion from the beginning. I believe that K5s will someday overtake B*****s in value and am investing in the restoration of my truck accordingly.
Totally agree, I paid $3500.00 for my rust free stock 72 Blazer from Kansas in 1997. Over the years ,I have made some modern modifications that work and sit well with it. Still 80% stock. But I see the prices at 10 to 15K for Gen1 Blazers/Jimmy's all the time, and these are not in the best shape. A nice GEN1 Blazer/Jimmy's on the east side of Mississippi is in generally, 20K plus - unless you find a person just dumping one. I'm driving my daily a the moment.

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:36 PM   #10
paujones1

My 15 year old son and I went to the local Good Guys show in Pleasanton, CA last month, looking for a Gen 1 K5 Blazer project for us to do for him to drive next year. The least expensive running Blazer was $21K and it needed paint and some work. There was a nice 2WD in Black with a nice punch out cromed small block and new interior, but it was a lowered and wanted a 4x4... that one was $28K. We probably saw about 6 of them and the rusty ones that did not run and needed a lot of work were at more than 10K. the price has certainly gone up along with the 67-72 C10 craze. We found a 70 CST 4x4 with 4-speed, and a white top. It needs a little of everything but runs and drives well.
paujones1 is offline   Reply With Quote