The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
JohnJ@RideTech

Need Some Opinions..

We are currently working on putting together a bolt-in coilover kit and 4-link for the 99-06 trucks and Id like to get some feed back from you guys.

What do you look for when shopping for suspension components?

Would you be interested in a coil over kit if one was available or do you think that a basic spindle/ spring kit is the way to go?

Obviously, we are going to build the kit to do more than just look good. Do you think that having a performance oriented suspension would get more people using these trucks for other than cruising?

Which amount of drop do you prefer? A 4/6 or a 5/7?

If not either of those, what drop do you think looks best on these trucks?

When looking for suspension, what manufacturer do you check out first?

When the time comes to purchase, do you prefer to use suppliers like Jegs/Summit or are there local guys you prefer to purchase from?

In your opinion, who are building some of the baddest 99-06 trucks out there right now? They don't have to be a big name shop and the truck doesn't have to be complete.

Do you prefer to have someone else install or are you more of a do it yourself type of guy/girl?

If your truck is already lowered using a traditional kit, would you be willing to switch over to a more performance oriented kit if you knew handling and ride quality would be drastically increased?

Rank the following on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most important:

Ride Quality:

Street Driving:

Autocross:

Road Race:

Drag Racing:

Last but not least, Do you think there is even a market for a complete 4-link, coilover kit for these trucks or are we going to waste our time? If you think its a dumb idea and no one has an interest in them, I obviously want to know that as well.

Below is a picture of our current air kit for these trucks. Most of the products you see below will move over to the new coilover kit other than a few modifications to the rear suspension to replace bags. Look it over and let me know what you think.

Name:  99-06 Kit.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  36.9 KB

As always, I really do appreciate any and all feedback you guys can give me on this. This forum is a great place for all of us to exchange information on the trucks we love and we at Ridetech really do value your opinions.
Feel free to contact me directly if you guys have any other questions or think there may be an important question I am leaving out.
Office: 812-482-2932
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Instagram: @ridetech_john
JohnJ@RideTech is offline   Reply With Quote