The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
BACKYARD88
On the fast track to nowhere..

Backyard88

My truck isn't finished so a lot of this is what is planned for the build.

Truck Info
Manufacturer: Chevrolet

Year: 1971

Suspension type: Bagged, Porterbuilt front and custom triangulated four-link rear

Front Brakes: 1985 Chevrolet disc

Modifications: Everything

Rear Brakes: 78 Lincoln disc

Steering: Power rack

Front differential type / Gears: N/A

Rear differential type / Gears: Ford 9" 3.70:1 open carrier

Tire and Wheel Size: Front- n/a; Rear- 20x14" with a 4" bs, 29x15x20 Mickey Thompson tires.

Body: Short fleet
Color Scheme: Green/white

Bodyman: Me.

Modifications: Reverse tilt hood, custom bed interior, 67 front clip and shaved rear markers. Clear lenses and LED lights.
Paint Type: PPG

Painter: Me.

Interior
Color: Black

Material: Factory style vinyl.

Upholsterer: Me.

Wiring: Mr. Roadster body harness, modified factory engine harness.

Modifications: None.

Steering wheel/Column: Original GM truck non tilt with a wood wheel.

Stereo/Speakers/Amps: N/a

Air Conditioning: Oldair.

Instrument Gauges: Autometer.

Engine
Cubic Inch: 366

Manufacturer: GM

Camshaft: GMPP ASA

Cylinder heads: Stock original 243

Valve Covers: Stock GM

Intake Manifold: GM LS6

Ignition System: Stock

Exhaust type: Heders: N/A; Muffelrs: 3" Spintech full duals to the bumper

Carburetor or Fuel Injection: Fuen Inj.

Transmission
Automatic / Standard: 4L60E Auto

Torque Converter: 3800 Stall

Modifications: Full Perf. rebuild

Shifter type: Stock original column shift.

Drive Shaft: Stock original GM 2 piece shortened

Biography
What is your name? Mike Owen

Please share a few things about yourself. (Bio, family, background, hobbies, your favorite pizza topping, your favorite vacation spot, etc)
I'm 29 years old, have a beautiful Fiance' and a 9 year old son. I started my first project, a 1967 Camaro at 14 and have been working on cars and trucks as a hobby ever since. I have worked at Martin Autopark, a GM dealership, for 12 years. Most of mt free time is spent doing something with cars/trucks although I do also enjoy remodeling my house.

How long have you owned your truck? 5 years.

What made you decide to buy this truck? I always liked the bodystyle and a friend was selling it cheap.

How do you store your truck, at home, garage, outside etc? Garage.

What do you enjoy about your truck the most? Knowing that when it's finished it will be something one of a kind that I can enjoy driving.

Who or what was your biggest influence in building your truck? This forum as well as TNCTC and LCTC forums.

What has been the biggest obstacle you have faced in working on your project? Money and my inability to pick a path and stay on it.

How did you/do you handle it? I work slowly as I have the money and try not to change things I have already done.

What/who is you favorite/best part source? Shaneschevys, without the cab I got from him this project would have been scrapped years ago.

What are some things have helped your project to be a success? Friends and info from this message board.

What is the history behind your truck? I have known this truck since years before I bought it through several owners and paint colors. WHen a friend of mine decided to sell it I figured it was as good a project as anything else. It was just supposed to be a driver... that didn't happen.

What do you use your truck for? (hauling, cruising, daily driver,shows, drag racing, work truck, mudding etc): A money pit for now. When it's finished it will be a cruiser.

What is your favorite memory with your truck? The day I called the frame DONE!

Whats your favorite modification done to truck and why? The four-link. It was all custom designed and built by me, I take a lot of pride in that.

If you had one thing to do over on your build, what would it be and why? Accuair

What are your future plans for your truck? Finish it and drive it.

What words of advice do you have to people who are just starting out with their project? Try not to get discouraged. There will be times that you get irritated and you just have to sit back and remind yourself what you're working so hard for.

Norwood, Houston, Cecilia, Jackson, Monroe and counting
BACKYARD88 is offline   Reply With Quote