The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #1
eighteenninetytwo

So why a Blazer???

Was just adding to another thread and I was wondering why people chose Blazers / Jimmy's so I thought I'd start a thread to find out. Starting with me.

I chose a Blazer because I came here form England and used to own MG's over there and I like 1970's cars and wanted a convertible (as I'm now in CA). I was also toying with getting an old landrover for some off roady type stuff.

I put it off for a few years to get on my feet financially and then kids arrived, so when I started looking again I had to take them into the equation, so all of a sudden I'm looking for a 1970's convertible (or 4 x 4) with a back seat.

I quickly figured out that an MG was out and a Stag or Mustang would get Mega-Squished in an SUV accident so I had to look for something bigger and then... TA-DAAAH. When house hunting the kids saw an old Blazer parked by a house with stickers all over it and said "Look dad, a fun car" and there it was.....a 1970's classic convertible, holds kids, is big enough to be safe(ish) in an accident AND could be 4 x 4. I took about a year to investigate before buying.
eighteenninetytwo is offline   Reply With Quote